Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched from a 10" wheel to a 12" wheel and the car has lost sixty foot . I have always been tubeless, I'm wondering what the advantages and or disadvantages are of tubes in slicks ,and if it will help with the wider wheel?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I just switched from a 10" wheel to a 12" wheel and the car has lost sixty foot . I have always been tubeless, I'm wondering what the advantages and or disadvantages are of tubes in slicks ,and if it will help with the wider wheel?
What is your tire pressure and how much 60' did you lose?

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
12'' wide wheel is a little big for a 28x10.5 isn't it ? i think you would lose some contact patch.
Guys have been running them on 12" rims and going 4.50s 1/8s

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
Always run as wide of wheel as you can. It increases the contact patch.

Why do you think that the 10.5W guys use a 16x16?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
imo going to a 12 wheel it seems to make sidewalls stiffer from stretching outward,maybe thats what effected it,wider wheel seems to take away some of the tires ability to wrinkle from watching slow motion videos

·
Registered
701 Posts
Quick small tire cars on slicks hit the tires very hard on the launch. The sidewalls are usually killed before the contact surface goes away. Stiff sidewalls help. Running tubes in them helps some more. Getting the sidewalls to wrinkle isn't the problem. Keeping them from getting killed is the problem. Agree that the fastest small tire cars are on wider rims.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
60 ' times usually 123 tripping the beams with the back wheels best 60 ' since wheel change dropped to 127 tripping the beams with the front tire . I'm running same air pressure as before 10 psi .

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
60 ' times usually 123 tripping the beams with the back wheels best 60 ' since wheel change dropped to 127 tripping the beams with the front tire . I'm running same air pressure as before 10 psi .
Are you sure you "lost 60"? I dont think you did if your tripping with the front tire now

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to run the car again today weather permitting and see what happens . I just know that the car has a 100 " wheel base and it usually wheel stands about 100' feet or so which to me means that before the change ,the car was showing a better 60 on the back wheels than it is now .

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What kinda of et are you guys running and also how good are the tracks your running at ? My car is a n/a car so I usually have to swing for the fence .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts