127 Posts
275/60/15 hoosier is almost exact
295/55/15 M/T is a little wider
275/60/15 M/T is narrower

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply...I didn't know the 275's were that close. How much bigger would the 325/50 Hoosiers be compared to the 10.5 slick, about 2in?

Getting ready to buy some tires this weekend for SGMP race and only want to order once lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Same height way wider, about two inches wider, go to summit or jegs, you can get the sizes on all of the tires. From what I understand, the hoosiers are more forgiving & easier to work with. If you are switching to radials for the first time & don't have alot of time to dial them in you may not want to start with M/T's. They are a great tire, but do not recover if they spin.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same height way wider, about two inches wider, go to summit or jegs, you can get the sizes on all of the tires. From what I understand, the hoosiers are more forgiving & easier to work with. If you are switching to radials for the first time & don't have alot of time to dial them in you may not want to start with M/T's. They are a great tire, but do not recover if they spin.

I've ran the MT radials for 4 years now, just always foot braking and not as much power as now...the current 275 MT's might work but I'd like to have something a lil bit wider as well, and maybe stickier too for TB launches and bad tracks

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And fwiw I've always had the MT's recover well, if it spins I just let off the gas then floor it again and it hooks back up....almost to good lol, last race this past season I spun and recovered and right when it hooked it destroyed my rear end and trans lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts