Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 28ft stacker i can use how well will my 2010 cummins Ram 3500 (single wheel) pull it. My current trailer is a Dominator 32ft triaxel my truck pulls it like its not even back there

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
You will be pulling a Damn Building Dude! Im sure your Ride will handle it but will it handle it safely.............???? IDK??? :smt102 Just be careful Bro!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Well you will get to watch your fuel gauge fall at an amazing rate, like the others said it is not the weight but the wind resistance and i know of one that tried it and it did not take long till he bought a Topkick to pull it with,

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
i would worry about stopping instead of pulling!
I never understand why I hear people bring this up when pulling large trailers. The trailer's braking system should be completely capable of stopping the trailer without much if any additional burden to the tow vehicles stopping ability. :confused:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
The truck will pull it just fine but as said being its a tag you have a lot of wind on the front of the trailer. Also in a windy day may be a bit of a challenge. Single rear wheel is not the best for this trailer. A dually would be better. If you choose to do this set the trailer brakes to come on first using the trailer to start the stopping process.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have pulled my stacker 30 ft wil a dually when just going some where local. Trailer stops fine behind it, it's just so damn heavy, never had a problem with the wind.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
Extremely dangerous.If everything is perfect you can get down the road but what happens in the rain when Joe Knucklehead does an idiot move and you have to manuever around them.I wouldn't do it with a dually let alone a SRW 3/4 ton truck.

Stick two cars in that and you're grossly overloaded on tonque and gross weight.I'm thinking 18-20,000 lbs loaded.If that bitch begins to sway at speed you'll find out about the tail wagging the dog.Excellent way to kill yourself.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
it'll pull it till the trans explodes, we tow our 26 ft stacker with our 3500 gas burnin chevy dually from time to time but for any long trips it goes behind the freightliner....

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
I'm always amazed at what people do.
There was a bad accident this year up hear involving a picup pulling a stacker and lost control and rolled the whole works.

The hitch rating should be followed for a reason. The same guy was pulling his stacker with his motorhome with a 5000 lb hitch before this happened

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
justanother example of a total IDIOT that has absolutely no regard for others on the road or the safety of himself.

the "pickup' truck, just because it may have the POWER,
.......DOES NOT MEAN that you can carry the load or pull that load..

get a bigger REAL TRUCK....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts