Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
275 Pro tire life? Reason I ask is at the beginning of the year car ran best 60 ft ever , but since then it's been downhill . Tires are from last September and have close to 40 passes now . Low 9 sec car and naturally aspirated so I can't afford to pull timing at the hit as well as nothing to ramp in later on . Lol I'm wondering. If a bias tire might work better all around but don't want to lose et either . Thanks

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm wondering. If a bias tire might work better all around but don't want to lose et either . Thanks
Bias tire and ET should not be in the same sentence. I've found the 275 Pro to have very good tire life. My ET's are off at least .2 in the 1/8th on bias tires and it 60 foots similar to yours on radials. If you want to know what it feels like to wad up a tire, put a bias on it. Obviously, radials can be quite frustrating on poorly prepped starting lines but I'll take my chances over a slooowwwwww bias tire since mine's a play car. If I was bracket racing every weekend it would be different.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
You should be able to get plenty of life from the radials on your application. That said, I would expect you to get more than 40 passes on the bias tires as well.

Depending on track conditions, the readials will require you to stay on top of your tune-up/set-up.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The issue is there is no tune up ! Lol . Being I race at altitude and without a power adder I CANNOT afford to pull timing at the hit like guys do at seal level . There's just no way to make it up . So you guys are saying that a radial is AlWAYS faster than a bias tire ?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Yes. The good thing about a radial - they do not absorb a lot of power so they are usually quicker.

The bad thing abaout a radial - they do not absorb a lot of power so it can be a little tricky getting them off the starting line.

All this said - technology is shortening the gap on the latter.....

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

1 - 6 of 6 Posts