Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATV, couple of the other 275 guys you probably know the answer.

Trying to make sure the car's legal for as much stuff as possible...

Is there any issue running an M9 rear, with the tq arm that moser sells? The attachemnt to the housing isn't like stock... if it's gonna be a problem I'll take another route it's not a big deal, just don't want to put one in the car and find out later there's a problem.

Rear shocks, do they have to be attached at the stock location, or can they be relocated to the back of the housing?

Also, the PHB, if we space it back so it clears the shocks, is that a problem? Same type of mount on the rear just a little longer, and on the chassis we're going to try to use the back part of the stock phb mount but build a 3rd plate, so to speak to run the bolt thru on the backside of the phb. Basicially, the same thing that promod 1955 did on the SI car that he was playing with last year (pics are on tech somewhere, I'd post them here if I could find them again)

Lemme know. 8.50 stuff they don't give a hoot what ya do, but I don't want to limit myself if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
49,432 Posts
I have never seen a class with a rule that makes the moser 9 inch illegal. Some class's dictate a minimum length on the TQ arm. But I think most of those rules are not in play anymore.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure ATV was running them last year... I could be wrong though. I spoke with Bob from NRC a while back and I remember him mentioning some class that was not allowing tq arms that didn't attach like a factory piece.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Madman's I'd guess. The M9 has a decent amount of adjustment, and for what I want to do will work.

At this point I've looked at what it will cost me to narrow the 12 bolt and buy new axles, vs selling it with the swaybar and selling my tq arm, and just buying a whole M9 already narrowed to where I need it and upgrading to a better axle, and going with a little more beefy swaybar, and at this point the cost is minimal, and I'll end up with better parts, which is what's driving it.

That being said.. if it will be legal and noone will have an issue I'd like to do it. Same with spacing back the phb and locating the shocks off the back of the rear, and hooking them into a bar that spans across the frame rails, and ties into the cage.

And put a good beefy swaybar up between the frame rails as well while I'm at it.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
you should be fine. and we run coil overs. I could see 275 getting to crazy and them tightening up rules on some things but not yet....

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve honestly I may never even put a set of 275's on the car, I don't really expect the car to be capable of much more then a 5.40 to maybe a 5.30 to the 1/8th anyway, which at the rate you guys are going won't even make the field.

Granted I think those #'s could be done consistantly, but the 4.9 to 5.1 that it's gonna take to win I don't see happening, just not gonna make enough steam for that.

I just want to make sure what I am building isn't gonna be something I can't go run a race with, should there be one that's close or the like. LVD is talking about possibly running the 275 class, it's up in the air and nothing is definite, but if the interest is there they may do it once a month. If that happens, I may toss a set on and go give it a whirl. #'s I think I can run, might be competitive up this way, who knows. I'm sure the payouts aren't gonna be enough to attract the fast guys.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
payouts do not matter we had 22 cars last race(and guys like us are not out yet) racing for $500 and there was more than 1 car there with $20K + motors. these guys just want to race PAYOUTS are not driving it

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,548 Posts
Steve honestly I may never even put a set of 275's on the car, I don't really expect the car to be capable of much more then a 5.40 to maybe a 5.30 to the 1/8th anyway, which at the rate you guys are going won't even make the field.

Granted I think those #'s could be done consistantly, but the 4.9 to 5.1 that it's gonna take to win I don't see happening, just not gonna make enough steam for that.

I just want to make sure what I am building isn't gonna be something I can't go run a race with, should there be one that's close or the like. LVD is talking about possibly running the 275 class, it's up in the air and nothing is definite, but if the interest is there they may do it once a month. If that happens, I may toss a set on and go give it a whirl. #'s I think I can run, might be competitive up this way, who knows. I'm sure the payouts aren't gonna be enough to attract the fast guys.
theres already 3 dates locked in up here for new england..july 10th is the first 275 race..im hoping to have my car runing with the lt1 shit by then just to keep car counts up..next yr im coming out swinging or maybe the end of the yr

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
payouts do not matter we had 22 cars last race(and guys like us are not out yet) racing for $500 and there was more than 1 car there with $20K + motors. these guys just want to race PAYOUTS are not driving it
You got that right,we do it because its fun,the competition is tight and there are some really great people involved in 275 racing.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's good to hear. I would like to see it take off up here, believe me if it got going at either ned or lvd on a monthly basis I'd be down for a whole season at either track once my junk's back together. Hell I'm even considering tossing something together just to get back out and race while the blower motor gets built.... but we'll see.

Payouts at the 8.50 stuff aren't the driving factor that attracted me to it, what I liked was that it was pretty much run anything we don't care how ya get there just get there, making anything with the car for the most part legal, it's run at enough tracks so I'm not stuck only going to one place, it's run at shakedown, so I can go to that, hopefully qualify and maybe get lucky and go a round (yeah right!!)

The 275, I'd be game to play with that too, but I'd be more of a field filler with that then the 8.50 stuff... as long as the car will run on the mark in shitty conditions, I think I'd do o.k. As long as I axe the tree good and know my sled and what it's gonna run I should be able to compete. Probably not win... but at least have a dog in the fight. 275, I'll get killed... pretty sure of that. But, if it starts getting run up this way, I'll go to a couple once the car's running, swing for the fences... and either hit a home run, blow the tires off or eat something trying.... won't know if I don't try it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts