Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no rules I have to follow just wont the best et and most consistant hooking tire . The track I race on is known to be slick and inconsistant. Which would work better 2756015 pro or 2810515 pro bracket. Is there any measurements of the pro bracket on a 8 inch rim if not what would be a close estimate. I guess this question is for Jason. I run 2756015 pro at this time 60ft 1.371.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
The 28.0/10.5R15 would be the better choice if you had a 10" wide rim.

If you are planning on sticking to an 8" wide rim, I would go with the 28.0/9.0R15 Pro Bracket Radial.

The radials are a little more sensitive to rim width when it comes to the footprint.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
252 Posts
The 28.0/10.5R15 would be the better choice if you had a 10" wide rim.

If you are planning on sticking to an 8" wide rim, I would go with the 28.0/9.0R15 Pro Bracket Radial.

The radials are a little more sensitive to rim width when it comes to the footprint.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton
I have 28 10 15 slicks with screws and would like to know ,, if i switch to the 28 9 15 pro bracket, and leave the screws OUT, is it possible the new tires will leak? Would I need new wheels is what im asking.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
we run our old style 315's on rims which have screw holes. there have not been any problems although the dot tire may have a different bead on it. i actually think the rubber on the bead pushes into the holes and that helps to hold the tire from slipping on the rim.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you put the screws in the holes in the wheel and cut the bottoms of the screws off flush with the wheels. Seems like it would work.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jason, What about the 29.5 9.0 15 pro drag radial on a 8 inch wheel, I think the 28 9.0 15 bracket would look a little small in my fender well the 2756015 pro fills the wheel well pretty good but could be a little taller though. I might be better to stick with the pro if there wouldnt be a big advantage. I like to hook but I like it to look good to.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Jason, are you saying that the bracket radial and the pro drag radial are better tires than the 275 radial pro? I can't keep up with all these new M/T tire threads. There seems now to be a radial for everything........but if your looking for "everything" which one of these radial line ups is king?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I really depends on what you are doing, and the size.

The P275/60R15 ET Street Radial Pro is designed for classes that require a P275/60R15 DOT tire. The focus here is to be quick and compliant to the rules.

The Pro Bracket Radials are similar in construction to the P275 Pro, but have a different tread to provide longer life and consistency across many track conditions. While you will pick up some ET over a comparable bias, that was not the primary focus.

The Pro Drag Radial's primary focus is to be quick. That said we do still pay attention to the life and consisitency, but quick ET's are the main focus.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Thread Killer
1,945 Posts
I have 28 10 15 slicks with screws and would like to know ,, if i switch to the 28 9 15 pro bracket, and leave the screws OUT, is it possible the new tires will leak? Would I need new wheels is what im asking.
Thanks
Usually, the Beads seal on the inside when they seat. On multiple rims, when my screw holes wore out, I drilled another set of holes between the old, screwing the tires with no screws in the old holes. Never any leak problems, either with/without tubes in slicks, or no tubes in radials (even if you aren't supposed to run screws).

I wouldn't be worried about it, but if I had any issues, running high tack would stop them.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Which tire is the no question best for a 2000 HP 3350# turbo car?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts