Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
We are in the process of rebuilding our stock frame 69 Camaro to 25.5D, so we can fit into Ultra Street, and have now started upgrading the cage from 8.5.

There is one point we do not fully understand. We do not need the no. 4 tubings on the attached picture because we have stock floorpan, firewall and transmission tunnel. BUT tubing 6C will go right below our transmission and in that way, we will not be able to get the transmission down….
Can we maybe leave 6C out, like the no. 4 tubings and then attach 6A and 6B to a plate welded to the transmission tunnel?

Our hope is that some of you know what others or yourself would do in this case?
Thank you in advance!

Peter and Mike
DENMARK
https://www.facebook.com/bymikeandpeter/

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Section VI, paragraph 6 covers the allowed offset. Can be up to 16" It mentions gussets but appears they are not required with with mostly OEM rockers and doors and even with replacement steel flooring,

·
Registered
730 Posts
Everything with 6C is spelled out pretty clearly in the book. Just sit down and read the entire thing front to back several more times until everything makes more sense. Definitely took me a few times until all the lightbulbs lit up the first time I studied the 25.5 and 25.3 books.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, we went through it a couple of times more, and you are right ;) Now we got it!! :cool:
We just wanted to make sure we got it right so it will be approved in the US because we are planning to ship our car from Denmark and go racing in Ultra Street in 2021/22

Peter and Mike
DENMARK
M&P Racing Team

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm curious about the up and over the trans. But did know that it can be bolted with 4 bolts per side and a specific bolt size and type

1 - 6 of 6 Posts