Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has a 25.5 66 or 67 Chevy II? I am having a 25.5 and backHalf installed in my 66 and would love to see some pics of yours if you have them! Also the chassis builder says he will have to cut the floor out and weld it back in afterwords? Is that the best way to do it? how much should it cost for a 25.5 and backhalf with everything supplied by the chassis builder such as fab housing,35 spline axles,aerospace rear brakes,qa1 single adj. coilovers,double adj. ladder bars,all the steel,etc...Everything except wheels,tires,centersection. expected cost? Thx...Brian

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
All 25? chassis cars are CM and tig welded........Not mild steel. That sounds strange to back half and do a 25.5. Are you sure he is not extending the front and rear sections off the main cage? Even tho the spec applies only to the driver compartment, most builders I know incorporate those sections into the spec. IE. suspension like 4 link and struts etc.
Zim

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
All 25? chassis cars are CM and tig welded........Not mild steel. That sounds strange to back half and do a 25.5. Are you sure he is not extending the front and rear sections off the main cage? Even tho the spec applies only to the driver compartment, most builders I know incorporate those sections into the spec. IE. suspension like 4 link and struts etc.
Zim
25.5 can be mild steel and mig welded

·
Registered
760 Posts
im no one improtant but im doing a full tube chassis 63 lemans with all of the goodies and it has cost a small fortune so far....and im the sucker doing all of the work..so be prepaired to pay big $..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zim
The car has nothing in it rite now.I just want the 25.5 for safty reasons and for the 7.50 cert.As far as the backhalf goes I have allways liked a chevy II with fat tires but never owned one.He is going to do a 2x3 mild steel ladder bar set up and 25.5. He is suppling everything except the center section and wheels. Doing it for $11,700 single adj qa1's,double adj. bars. Is that a strange thing to do? Is that a good price?

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
The car has nothing in it rite now.I just want the 25.5 for safty reasons and for the 7.50 cert.As far as the backhalf goes I have allways liked a chevy II with fat tires but never owned one.He is going to do a 2x3 mild steel ladder bar set up and 25.5. He is suppling everything except the center section and wheels. Doing it for $11,700 single adj qa1's,double adj. bars. Is that a strange thing to do? Is that a good price?
Sorry about the brain fart on the steel question. To be honest, most cars that I have seen as of late are CM, even 25.5. Its a re-sale thing to me but thats my opinion. Also some weight. Here is a 25.2 66 Chevy II (very close to a 25.5 plus or minus a few bars) that my old partner is building. Its a bad ass chassis and double frame rail. If ya look close, I have some blood on a few bars. Hahahahaha.
Zim
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157994&highlight=lowpro64

·
RED ROCKET
8,633 Posts
i charge $4500.00 for a 25.5 (moly) and $2500.00 + parts to backhalf a car, sheetmetal $2500.00 minimun. so $11,700 seems good maybe a bit on the low side but that seems to depend on what area of the country your in
my buddy said he would cut me a break and do me a moly 25.5 for 3500..i guess i will let him do it this summer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just talked to the chassis shop. I am getting the 25.5 done and full backhalf.2x3 frame rails and crosmember,double adj. ladderbars,single adj qa1 shocks,fab housing with backbrace,35 spline axles,aerospace rear brakes.All tin work included.He is going to use all 4130 moly for the cage,everything will be tig welded.The 4130 moly will be on the cage only,inside the car but it all will be tig welded.Everything included except the centersection, $12,000

1 - 20 of 32 Posts