Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
One day I will have a day
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my last hold up to finishing my chassis . My seat bar (9) runs from my 2" x 2" sub frame connector to my rocker panel . My rocker bar is much higher than the level of my seat bar . If I used the proper tubing , would a vertical bar from my seat bar to the side rocker bar pass inspection ? I know I will need to call the area tech , but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this so I can fab it up and have it ready to weld if I get the ok to do it . Hopefully this is the last question on my chassis and I can get to mounting all the tabs and other BS . I'm almost ready to make some noise !
Thanks in advance !!!

·
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there in lies the problem . It's already attached to the rocker panel . It's also attached to the diagonals in my floor . I was wondering if adding one to the rocker bar would accommodate the rules .

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
The seat bar can be interupted by the diagonal bar, but from there it needs to attach to the rocker bar uninterupted.

·
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the spec . I can read that . Unfortunately , I put that bar in before I got the specs . Can the seat bar be spliced ?

·
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I was thinking . Cut out the portion to the rocker panel , sleeve in the new tube , and run the new part to the side rocker bar .

·
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep . If you have the 25.5 spec , look at figure D . My floor is set up just like that , except for the seat bar going to the rocker panel . That's what I need to get straight .

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
From what I have heard (don't quote me though) is that you can sleeve a tube as long as it's done right and plug welded to show that the sleeve is the right length in a bar as long as it's not the main hoop.

Other option is to add another bar close to the one already in, and have two?

·
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well , I guess the best thing I can do is wait till monday and call the chassis inspector and see what he says . I have more than enough room to sleeve it if that is what he wants . No use trying something and him not likeing it . Thanks for the input Pat .

·
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FYI guys , the inspector said that I can just add a piece of tubing in from the rocker bar to the seat bar . In the wording of page 8 paragraph 9 , it states the seat bar can be multi-piece . He said to leave my existing bar there and just add a tie in to the rocker bar !! That is definitely the best case scenario !!! Thanks for the input !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts