Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Thread killer
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a nasty rumor that at the end of this year the 25.5 cert would be good to 7.00 at 3600lbs. 25.2 would be 7.00 or quicker at 3200. Probably just BS but I was wondering if anyone else had heard this. It sounds like an easy way around the current Drag Radial mess but I don't know if it would ever fly.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Seeing as how Dan was in the SFI meeting, I think he would be the one to trust concerning this question.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Besides just not wanting to spend the cash right now the uncertainity over which cert is going to apply has kept me from pulling my car out from under the cover. I hope they can get this settled once and for all here soon so I can decide what to do with my car.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
My car is at Sheppard now- 25.5 so it will be legal for ORSCA EZ Street at 3300 pounds. I wish someone would spill the beans so i don't waste my money.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I hope it comes out soon. That will give people time at chassis shops over the winter to get the upgrades. If they wait much longer there will be a shit load of cars trying to get into chassis shops all at once just before racing season.

Dan
Any word on when it will be approved?

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
I heard a nasty rumor that at the end of this year the 25.5 cert would be good to 7.00 at 3600lbs. 25.2 would be 7.00 or quicker at 3200. Probably just BS but I was wondering if anyone else had heard this. It sounds like an easy way around the current Drag Radial mess but I don't know if it would ever fly.
Nothing against Dan or any of the other honest chassis guys that were at this meeting or on the voting board but you know there is no way (SFI/NHRA) would allow this to happen. They have way to many chassis builders with a voice and/or vote that wouldn't get to "update" or build new cars if they just changed the rules on an existing spec. There will be some type of changes even if they are only small ones or thats my guess anyway. 25.2 should be very close but I still bet these cars will need to be tweeked or modified somewhat to fit the new sub 7.50 and 3200+ spec. so that means they will need another trip to the chassis shop. I'm curious to see if they keep the 25.5 spec or require these cars to update to the new spec. 25.5 is currently legal to 4.50 in the 1/8 if I remember correctly and that will still cover most of the EZ and Limited Street guys in ORSCA and other 1/8 mile only events. If I was building a new car and the cage wasn't complete, I might wait until something official had been announced. I hate that our new car is only 25.5 but it's going into the chassis shop tomorrow and we might just wait until something is said or possibly just have it updated to 25.2 while its there since it is going to be an 1/8 mile only car and will weigh between 3000-3200.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,392 Posts
Seeing as SFI/NHRA has always debuted new specs at INDY, I would say wait an see for another 2 weeks.

Vanilla

1 - 20 of 33 Posts