Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about the roof X . Can these tubes run to #12a & b as long as they are within 3 inches of #13 ? Did I interpet this wrong , reread after I did this and do not want to weld them in if it is gonna be wrong . Thanks in advance .

·
1,344 Posts
The forward end of the Roll Cage Roof "X" Braces must intersect the Upper Windshield/Halo bar #13 within three (3) inches of the corners.

I would say it has to be welded to the upper windshield bar...whether it be the front part of the roof halo, or upper windshield bar connecting 12A and B depending on which way you built it...but not welded to 12A and B.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats my thinking after rereading the book . Guy in the stock suspension thread has them going to #12a&b . He said he did a 25.2 the same way and it certified . I do not want to weld these in and have to cut them out . I guess my best bet would be to move them now . Thanks

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I hate the way they word stuff in those books, dont they realize were just dum ass welders??? Keep it simple!:smt017

·
Registered
299 Posts
i dont have the 25.3 book but i saw the thread in the stock suspension forum .. personally id run the x too the windshield roof bar with in the 3 inches of the corner and then make ur gussetts ... i see ur in missouri .. best bet is gunna be too call mike vehge the area nhra chassis cert guy he will help u out ive got his number if u want it

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont have the 25.3 book but i saw the thread in the stock suspension forum .. personally id run the x too the windshield roof bar with in the 3 inches of the corner and then make ur gussetts ... i see ur in missouri .. best bet is gunna be too call mike vehge the area nhra chassis cert guy he will help u out ive got his number if u want it
Yes if you could get me Mikes # I had it but lost it .

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 14 of 14 Posts