Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit confused about the 25.3 cert, I have the sfi spec in hand and it almost looks just like a 25.5 cert, there are some differences but almost the same other than 25.3 has to be moly because it certs to 6.5, amd I correct in assuming this? what I am wanting to do here is back half my 70 dart, full tube moly back half, and still use the stock front rails with the bolt in k frame, reason is simply because I don't want a full tube chassis car, is this legal? I think it is but my chassis inspector is grumbling about it. any help and advice is greatly appreciated

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
yes, SFI specs have nothing to do with the front of the car you chassis inspector can grumble about it all he wants but retaining the fron frame rails is perfectly legal. and 25.3 and 25.5 are a fair amount different IMO.

·
Registered
767 Posts
25.3 is when you keep the stock front floor pans and fire wall....correct?? Or should I say you can keep them....

·
Registered
139 Posts
IMO The biggest misconception to the certification spec is the fact it is all about driver safety.

The specification is concerned only with the protective characteristics of the driver area and its adjoining structure, in the event of a crash, and not with the racing performance properties of the frame.

Additional creative bar placement based on the certification spec is utilized to increase the performance of that vehicle. With that being said each bar does serve a purpose.

·
Registered
139 Posts
25.3 is when you keep the stock front floor pans and fire wall....correct?? Or should I say you can keep them....
You can have OEM Floorpan and Firewall or Modified Floorpan and Firewall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts