Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 camaro stick shift
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched on the fourm and found some threads but they are all multiple years old. I was wondering what the going rate most reputable shops charge for a double frame rail 25.2/25.1 cert chassis. Looking at re back halfing a 68 camaro and going to a smith racecraft strut front end. I can figure out most cost such as new rear end, adjustable 4 link and shocks etc. But trying to get a idea of man hours figured in the chassis and what most shops charge for chromolly tubing and such. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
that's going to be a loaded question with im sure a huge price swing depending on you location I work out of my house and do this stuff on the side I would think 15,000 and up would-be ballpark molly and labor really going to depend on what you are wanting for tabs who is doing interior mounting body ect ect ect carbon or reg steel interior

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not quite what OP is asking for but this might help give you a reference. I recently got a quote for an 8.50 cage with engine bay bars, front crossmember mods, rear shock mounts, chute mount, trailer hitch and some other small stuff for about $10,000. Using Docol R8. So I'd agree $15k minimum is probably about right.

·
Registered
67 camaro stick shift
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. That's what I was kinda thinking 15,000 minimum just for cage hours and chromolly. I would likely have the chassis shop mock the motorplate and midplate up and get the rear end set up. I would do most tabs and tinwork myself but would have the shop mount the body.So is it safe to say most shops would have 100-150 hours in chassis work without me adding any extra stuff such as chutes and wing ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts