Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a 25.1e require a 1.625 bar under the midplate or in a location in that general area?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Not from the Firewall, from the intersection point of the front footbar.. When you angle those back you can get the crossbar back quite aways...

But I have been putting a cross bar under the Converter of cars lately Just makes it easier on the rules plus I think it is safer..

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what I was really trying to ask was: Does a 25.1 require a full length footbar?
I have a car in my garage with a nhra 6.0 sticker and no footbar.
I am going to add one at or near the midplace location but wondering it it is required and if it has to be outer frame rail to outer frame rail or if it can tie into the subframe connectors.

·
T/S 368E
32,457 Posts

Mine was just certed last winter. No full width bar. As mentioned, mine is back a ways.

I just checked my book, it does say 16" offset for a 3 piece style crossmember bar.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Oem steel roof clip cars seem to work better with the bar under the flywheel. I built my Cobalt with the center bar back about where the trans crossmember would be, then angled the side bars from that point up to the A pillar bars. This is exactly the way P/S stock cars are built. Certed 25.1E 6.00 with no problems.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
not familiar with the 25.1e spec but on the 25.4 if you have a rearset bar you have to run additional braces in the floor

here,s a pic of what the inspector wanted on my set-up , the angle iron is roughly where the rearbar will be placed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts