Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Where can I find a diagram or specific rules that will show the location of chassis tubing to make a car cert 25.1. My older NHRA rule book doesnt
show 25.1, only sportsman cages. (mainly the under floor tubing)

2. Does anyone have any pics of any GM G-body's that are 25.1 with stock suspension

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Is the car you have now the same one Grebeck put the ladder bar in years ago at the shop on M59?

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
No, I miss that car but I had to sell it to finance my new car. Steve did a great job on that car. It would hook on the return road. A local guy (Larry something) owns it now. He keeps threatening to bring it out but I haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was my white 93 camaro on the jig when he was doing your car.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, wish I still did. Had to go for business reasons. I learned alot from Steve and now I do my own fab work. I'm doing a drag radial car for next season, the body is going back on the frame soon and I'm debating making it 25.1 cert, now is the time with the body off.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
the 25-1E cert does not apply to cars that are over 2800 lbs. i have a malibu in the shop right now that we are working on that will cert 25-5 7.50-3600 lbs. and will go 25-2 6.0-3200lbs with a few more bars.Your best bet would be to order both specs and READ them.then decide what direction you want to go.I would suggest 25-5.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys,

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anywhere I can, hopefully Milan will have a class next year. I was going to ladder bar the car but i figure I could fit into more classes if i kept the stock suspension. hopefully my NOS motor runs the numbers if not then on to a procharger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts