Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 8.2" Dart Sportsman that will be going to the machine shop sometime in the near future. It'll be getting a light weight Scat 3.4" forged crank, Oliver 5.4" I-beams, and some gas ported Diamond 4.125" (or possibly 4.155") dome pistions that would net ~13.5:1. Balance of assembly will be neutral. Here's my question. Keeping the car EFI and running a Box-R intake with the lower cleaned up would a 245cc High Port be too much head for this 363/369" motor? I know there are many variables to this question but let's go this route to make things simple. The cam will be a solid roller with specs to please someone that has a 98% track car but does make the occasional trip to a friday night hang out. I expect to spin the motor up to 8k rpm but don't want to go higher. Looking to make enough power to grab a 9 second pass in my 2800lb Mustang. I've got a line on a set of TEA 245's but don't want to pull the trigger if they are too much for this 363/369". Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Whats the car weigh, trans type, gear, tires??? They could work, or be to big, just depends on other variables. Also, I would rather have a spyder type intake on this setup!!!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the car weigh, trans type, gear, tires??? They could work, or be to big, just depends on other variables. Also, I would rather have a spyder type intake on this setup!!!
The car is 2890 race weight. It will have a straight cut gear g-force t-5 in it until that goes south. I'm going to keep a soft clutch in it as long as I can. Then a C-4 will take over. Gear will be a 4.56 at first with a 26x10s e.t. drag. I'm sure that wont be enough gear so a 4.88 will be in the wings.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
For sure they are goos heads but you don`t need that much heads to run in the 9 at 2800 pds you could go with a lees expensive head.
But you could be even faster than your goal with the 245 high ports heads a good sollid roller 13,5/1 & maybe the super vic intake
You could run high 9 with only the AFR 205 !!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For sure they are goos heads but you don`t need that much heads to run in the 9 at 2800 pds you could go with a lees expensive head.
But you could be even faster than your goal with the 245 high ports heads a good sollid roller 13,5/1 & maybe the super vic intake
You could run high 9 with only the AFR 205 !!
I'm not sure i'd feel right putting a 2.100" titanium intake valve in a 205. Especially when the head in question already has them.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I am going against the majority, in saying to much head... I would prefer something in 230cc tops, but the spyder is a must! IMO!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Those heads would be perfect but I think that tfs r box wont work nearly as well as a Edelbrock Super Vic efi intake & a nice elbow upper like this:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never really thought the Box-R would be the subject in question with this combo. Assuming the flow numbers are ~300cfm on each runner give or take 1-2cfm does that change any opinions about it not being able to hang with the rest of the combo? I'm not opposed to the Super Vic, just always liked the looks of the Box-R.

·
Registered
832 Posts
That'll be an awesome setup. One of these days I'll have to see it make a pass.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Well if the intake only flows 300cfm, what you think its going to let the heads flow? Its more of the runner length, and csa of the intake, not the flow. It can be ported to make it a better match, but the spyder intakes just work...

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
The spyder/carb style manifold will work the best for sure. The TFS box will choke the cylinder heads. Of course its up to who pays for the parts.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts