Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a basic 10K enclosed trailer to move household stuff cross country, and to use for storage while I get settled, After that, I'm going to sell it. What's more in demand, or easier to get rid of a 24' or 28'? I'm kind of leaning toward the 28' at the moment.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Where are you moving from? I know a couple trailer dealers that will give ya great deal. I'd buy the 28. Get a Haulmark Thrifty and off it when you're done with it.

·
Bracket racer
5,191 Posts
I think the 24ft would be easier. Lots of local landscape companies use 24 ft trailers.

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
Based on what i discovered when i purchased mine i would say the 28ft. Every dealer i spoke with said i would probably have to order one due to the fact that the 28's sold as quick as they could get them in, they had plenty of 24's available though. I wouldnt think either size would be that difficult to re-sell personally as long as its a quality trailer.

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based on what i discovered when i purchased mine i would say the 28ft. Every dealer i spoke with said i would probably have to order one due to the fact that the 28's sold as quick as they could get them in, they had plenty of 24's available though. I wouldnt think either size would be that difficult to re-sell personally as long as its a quality trailer.
I can't swing a dead cat with hitting 24's all over the place. I have to drive a lot further to buy a 28' right now. No good deals to be had in CO when the freight and sales tax is added in. There's a Haulmark 28' in SLC, UT, and an Interstate 28' in Ft Worth TX. Other than that...

I'm moving from Denver, CO. back to Baltimore, MD.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A 24' will be alot better if you are pulling with a 1/2 ton truck.I have a 28' and pull it with a 1/2 ton but i dont go verry for and the 28' is all it wants(Ford 4x4 5.4 ) If you have a 3/4 ton then the 28' is the way to go..

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
its ashame your not moving the other way, Baltimore to Co. I live down by OC. MD and have our 28 foot Cargo Mate for sale again. It has the 10 k axles would be perfect for what you need it for. its a 2006 I think. We need a smaller trailer because we are over 65 feet between that and the motorhome.$5500.00 would buy it. It has some dents in the front from where it hit the motorhome but could easily be fixed and isnt terribly bad.Tires on it are like new and has 2 spares. Just a thought.

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry to hear that... denver seems like an awesome city.. baltimore..not so much/ anyway good luck
Yeah, Denver is a great place to move to, great weather; killer car scene. Personal issues are forcing the move.

I've got a 3/4 ton DMax to pull the trailer so 4' either way shouldn't be a problem. I just don't want to get stuck having to give away a 28'.

Thanks for the input guys...

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,399 Posts
Personally i think the 24 would be easier for the reason that was stated above, landscapers.

Did you check out racing junk to see if there is anything used near you?

Good luck on the move, hope it goes smoothly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts