Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Race engine only. Race fuel high compression 14-1 solid roller cam specs TBD by head choice. 388 sbc. Car 2350lbs. What 23deg head would be the best.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
What peak RPM?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Here's my best guess: 245cc if you just want to bolt them on, or 235cc if you want a head porter to love on them some first. I'm interested to see what the actual head experts have to say.

14:1 will be difficult but possible with off-the-shelf pistons, tight quench, and angle milling. Otherwise make a chamber mold and send it to your favorite piston company.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Zero deck with 4.166x0.039 gasket (Fel-Pro 1010) and 65cc chambers gets you 14.3:1 with those pistons.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am building a engine. I am asking for help and ideas from experienced people. I have to ask why would you ask that question?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I asked because I don"t think it's productive to ask for outside opinions if you have trusted a shop to build your engine . But since you are the builder hope you get some more replies . What block are you using ? Is this a bracket race build ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This build is a bracket build. Track only. Race fuel. I am building this myself with the help of anyone who has experience doing the same. I have assembled many engines in my career (mild street builds) but never a full race engine.

·
Registered
478 Posts
ok my experience is similar to yours so I haven't built any top flight sbc like you see posted here . To get something more going in your thread I'll suggest you need a lot of flow for your stroke-rpm but are limited with the bore @ 4.060 . Maybe a small chamber brodix track 1 with 2.08 valve and a howard cam with .680 -650and 275-280* 108-110 LC . If nothing more it might give the pros something to critique . cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cam specs seem to be top secret with engine builders. I get it, they have to do the r&d to figure out what works and what doesn't. That being said I have a budget to go buy. I have the rotating assembly and block. Decent parts I think. SHP block, Diamond pistons, Callies crank and rods. I figure $7500 for heads,intake,rockers,cam,lifters. Am I being to cheap for these parts ?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts