Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 22nd annual Haltech World Cup Finals - Import vs. Domestic event produced by Miller Brothers Productions (MBP) will take place at Maryland Int'l Raceway on November 1-5, 2017.
The event features Import vs. Domestic Drag Racing, a Custom Car Show, IBT Bikini Contest, a Huge Vendor Midway, and a Live DJ! The event is busting at the seams with over 30,000 fans in attendance, and there is no other event like it on the planet!

The WCF event breaks more class records than any event on Earth due to Jason Miller's legendary track prep and unparalleled cool and dry atmospheric conditions that only exist this time of year! Racers come to this event to obliterate records and make history!

The event draws hundreds of Heads-Up racers from over 10 different countries competing for over $100,000 in eight different classes of competition:

Mickey Thompson Tires - Outlaw vs Extreme
ATI Performance Products - Radial vs Modified
Precision Turbo & Engine - X275 vs Hot Rod
JPC Racing - Street Fighter
Fuel Injector Clinic - Wild Street
Real Street Performance - Super Street
Driveshaft Shop - True Street
Competition Clutch - All Motor

The event brings you side by side racing action from just about every type of genre in drag racing featuring the top cars from just about every sanctioning body in the country! Forget the trash talking, it's time to prove that these drivers have got what it takes, with each side putting their reputation and egos on the line!

The pit area also features a Custom Car Show presented by Gary Best Kustumz on Sunday with trophies and cash prizes awarded. This show features beautiful cruisers, classics, hot rods, tuners, low riders, and exotics. All Car Show entries must pre-register for the car show.

The International Bikini Team kicks off the Bikini Contest presented by Victory Precision Machine on Sunday and is always a crowd favorite at WCF! Also, be sure to check over 2,300' of vendors on the vendor midway where you'll find performance parts, accessories, and apparel at great prices!

Also please make note that spectators are not permitted to bring Golf Carts, ATVs or other Pit Bikes to WCF. This is strictly enforced.

So be sure to mark your calendars for the 22nd annual Haltech World Cup Finals - Import vs. Domestic event at Maryland Int'l Raceway on November 1-5, 2017 for the best show in drag racing!

Mickey Thompson Tires - Outlaw vs Extreme
Winner: $20,000
Runner-Up: $2,000
Semis: $400
1/4 Finals: $100
1/8 Finals: $50
Entry Fee: $150 (Includes driver full event pass)

ATI Performance Products - Radial vs Modified
Winner: $10,000

Precision Turbo & Engine - X275 vs Hot Rod
Winner: $10,000

JPC Racing - Street Fighter
Winner: $5,000

Fuel Injector Clinic - Wild Street

Real Street Performance - Super Street

Driveshaft Shop - True Street

Competition Clutch - All Motor

ADMISSION:
Adult 1-Day Pass: $25
Adult Full Event Pass (3 or More Days): $60
Juniors 12-15 (Per Day): $10
Kids 6-11 (Per Day): $5

PARKING:
General Spectator Parking: Free
Pit Side Weekend Parking: $50

WEDNESDAY - PARKING / TESTING
Gates Open: 8am
Parking: 8am-9pm
Early Bird Testing ($125 per car): 11am-6pm
Close Gates: 9pm

THURSDAY - PARKING / TESTING / TECH
Parking: 8am-9pm
Early Bird Testing ($125 per car): 11am-6pm
Tech Inspection: 11am-9pm

FRIDAY - QUALIFYING
Qualifier #1 (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 10am
Qualifier #2 (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 3pm

SATURDAY - QUALIFYING
Qualifier #3 (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 10am
Qualifier #4 (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 3pm

SUNDAY - MAIN EVENT
Car Show Parking: 8am-11am
Car Show Judging: 10am-2pm
Round #1 (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 10am
Live DJ on Stage: 11am-4pm
Round #2 (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 12noon
Second Chance Race Begins: 1:30pm
Round #3 (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 2pm
Bikini Contest: 3pm
Round #4 (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 4pm
Car Show Awards: 4pm
Finals (A/M, T/S, S/S, OvE, RvM, XvH, S/F, W/S): 6pm

RULEBOOK:
www.importvsdomestic.com/rulebook

PAYOUTS:
www.importvsdomestic.com/payouts

CAMPING:
www.importvsdomestic.com/camping

CAR SHOW:
www.importvsdomestic.com/carshow

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
www.importvsdomestic.com/faq

DIRECTIONS:
www.importvsdomestic.com/directions

HOTELS:
www.importvsdomestic.com/hotels
TRACK INFO:

www.importvsdomestic.com/trackinfo

SPONSOR & VENDOR INFO:
www.importvsdomestic.com/marketing

FULL EVENT INFO:
www.importvsdomestic.com

Jason Miller
Promoter, Class Rules, Sponsor Info
Office: 240-349-2538 Fax: 240-901-2950
[email protected]

Chris Miller
Press/Media & Camper Village
[email protected]

Denise Marks
Assistant Director
[email protected]

Luis Corujo
Para Preguntas En Espanol
Office: 240-508-1449
[email protected]

Donna Kiel
Bikini Contest Coordinator
Office: N/A
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Pre-Registration for the 2017 WCF Spectator Camper Village is now open!

Camp sites for the 2016 site holders will be held until February 28th. All 2016 site holders have been notified via email to renew by the February 28th deadline to keep their same spot. Any camp sites that are not renewed will first be released to the waiting list on March 1st, and then released to the general public for purchase.

Please call the MBP office at 240-349-2538 to renew your site or to be added to the waiting list. Keep in mind that all camp sites were sold out last year, so do not delay in reserving your site as they will sell out again this year. For information about the Camper Village please visit, www.importvsdomestic.com/camping

Pre-registration for racers and car show will go on sale this summer. VIP tickets, general admission tickets and pit parking passes will also go on sale this summer. More details on tickets, racer, and car show sales will be released very soon. To sign up for our mailing list for important updates on this info please visit, www.MBPevents.com/signup

·
AMP Racing member
3,427 Posts
Jason, when's the signup start? I need to get into True Street this year.

·
AMP Racing member
3,427 Posts
Yeh. I'll probably just send him a text after I look at last year for the general timeframe.

·
AMP Racing member
3,427 Posts
Yeh, a couple years ago Jason and I talked at length about the LS rules package for All Motor. He has a good thing going.

My engine has a forged rotating assembly, so that keeps me out of that class. But, I will certainly bring it up again this year. Even if we have to add weight.

For True Street, I'll add a Nitrous kit. I won't have enough for the top of the class, but I'll have fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely tight rules for LS based cars. Having to run a plastic intake on the LS cars is a big equalizer along with "as cast GM" heads on most of the combo's. They did loosen up the rules a bit last year. Either way still one of the best races of the year.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jason, when's the signup start? I need to get into True Street this year.
We are opening up pre-registration shortly after Labor Day weekend.

Make sure you are signed up for our mailing list to receive live links and updates on ticket sales at www.MBPevents.com/signup

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

MBP will be going LIVE tonight on the World Cup Finals Facebook page at 8pm EST to discuss racer & car show pre-registration, general admission tickets, VIP reserved section seating, and pit side parking passes.

If you plan to race, show, or watch at WCF be sure to tune in tonight at 8pm EST! Help spread the word and SHARE this on your FB page!

You may read about these topics now (prior to the live video) at www.importvsdomestic.com/tickets

Haga Clic Aquí Para Español:
www.importvsdomestic.com/tickets/espanol

·
Registered
493 Posts
Some of the rules and requirements eliminate a lot of cars. For instance, I was looking to run True Street. First off, I have never heard of having to submit a video proving you meet minimum ET requirements. Then, you have to pre register which requires sending in $150 in advance. What if you break something at the track between now and then?

Domestic rules are 3 pages. Import rules are 1 page.

They let you run any slick up to a 28X11.5 but you can't run 4 different size drag radials. You have to have a fuel check valve (True Street class remind you). Twin turbo cars are out right off the bat as only singles are allowed...well, unless you have certain import engines.

You have to have an engine diaper even though most tracks still allow not having one and every street type class I've seen doesn't require one as street vehicles definitely don't have them.

They allow Lexan windows and windshields though. I guess half of the import cars would be out if they didn't.

Get this...you can run nitrous on any engine you want...just not modular Ford engines. WTF is that! lol

You can put a carburetor on your LS engine but not on a modular Ford engine. WTF!

No Ford 351W based engines. You can run a Ford 302 with nitrous or a supercharger...just not with a turbo!

So, they limit turbo size but not boost. Most domestic engines can handle 20-30 lbs of boost. Some of these imports will run 60+ lbs of boost. That's alright though.

The rules would suggest quite heavily that they heavily favored import cars when coming up with them. So, I look at last years results. The winning ET was an 8.72. On par with most True Street competitions. #1 qualifier was an 8.38. Again, on par. Then I looked at the types of cars for qualifying. The top 8 cars were imports, followed by a Firebird, then 4 more imports followed by a Mustang. There were only 6 domestic vehicles in the top 32 cars. Yeah, limit the rules for domestics some more but keep calling it Import vs. Domestic.

That was one class. Then I started looking into others. All the classes have similar things as above.

Instead, why don't you call it what it is...Imports vs. Domestics with their balls cut off so we can say "look how the imports kicked ass".

No thanks

·
AMP Racing member
3,427 Posts
Did you see the weights for LS Powered Nitrous? I'd have to add 500lbs if I wanted to run a 150 shot.

I've been really thinking of building a turbo setup, but I'd have to add 800lbs... LOL

I love this event and would really like to get to race in it again, but I'll pass this year.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
No dog in this fight, and I am a domestic racer....however I got curious and looked and to me it appears there were 47 imports vs 7 domestics entered, yet by the 4 round there were 2 imports and 2 domestics and a Camaro won in the finals.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
The Event Is Not What It Use To Be , Spectator Count Is Down
And Race Car Count / Participation For The Classes is Way Down...…………

Other Forms Of Racing Have Taken Over Now ................

************ " Such As " *************

- - No Clock Racing - -

- - No Prep Racing - -

- - Grudge Racing - -

- - Small Block No Clock Racing - -

- - Radial Tire Grudge Racing - -

- - 28" / 275 No Clock Grudge Racing - -

- - - - It Goes On And On And On - - - -

·
Registered
3,258 Posts

- - No Clock Racing - -

- - No Prep Racing - -

- - Grudge Racing - -

Is this supposed to be a joke post???Let me guess a troll post.

·
King Ding-A-Ling
11,128 Posts

- - No Clock Racing - -

- - No Prep Racing - -

- - Grudge Racing - -

Where the fuck do you come up with this shit??? This event gets better every year and sells out EVERY YEAR!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts