Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dicks sporting goods has 50 round 22LR in stock 2 boxes for $12 not a great price but they have them if you need any .I think its at all their stores the ones around Indy all have them .Limit of 4 but one store sold me 8 boxes.

·
Board certified
19,504 Posts
Ouch.....Noticed some in Dunhams the other day for $2.99 a box of 50.....green box....... Didn't buy them since I don't own a 22 anymore.

·
Registered
14,938 Posts
If prices and availability doesn't come back, I may never shoot .22LR again. I'm not paying .12 a round for it and I'm not going to go to any particular effort to hunt it down at a good price, either. It's gonna have to be cheap and easy to get, again, for me to use it.

I don't buy from Dick's or CTD, either. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
IF....... everyone would stop buying .22 at inflated prices, then the price would come back down to normal.
but NO, stupid people gotta have their .22 ammo, so fuck all of you,
I bought bricks when it was $5-6 a brick. and still have a few,

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
IF....... everyone would stop buying .22 at inflated prices, then the price would come back down to normal.
but NO, stupid people gotta have their .22 ammo, so fuck all of you,
I bought bricks when it was $5-6 a brick. and still have a few,
doghouse, that may be part of the problem, but what I don't understand is why there isn't any to be bought. Seems to me with the high prices people are willing to give...they would be making them faster than we could buy them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
doghouse, that may be part of the problem, but what I don't understand is why there isn't any to be bought. Seems to me with the high prices people are willing to give...they would be making them faster than we could buy them.
It's called an artificial shortage

companies limit the amount they produce to make the consumer feel like there is a shortage so they can charge more for a product that would otherwise be sold for less.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
It's called an artificial shortage

companies limit the amount they produce to make the consumer feel like there is a shortage so they can charge more for a product that would otherwise be sold for less.
Your probably right, they make the same money...with a fraction of the cost (labor/material). Makes good sense to a business man I'm sure.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I just talked to a guy yesterday. He opened a range a few months ago. He was commenting how for decades everyone was begging for a place to shoot. Now if it wasn't for the Concealed Carry classes the place would do no business. Last time I went in it was myself and four employees. I said sorry but ammo is too expensive. Most don't want to buy it. Those that have it don't want to shoot it. I've never fired a round in the place. Just bad timing on his part. A few years ago the place would've been packed. Myself included.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
ditto fuck that !!!!!! there is a lot of 10.00 to 13.00 a box of 50 22lr out there in stock.I was in bass pro they had a pile of 11.99 a box in stock.double fuck that !!! on a good note everything else is just about back to normal price and in stock

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Ammo manufactures make two batches a year for each caliber. They make these batches to last six months predicted current market so it doesn't sit in a warehouse for years. This saves downtime on the production lines for redieing process. No one expected the buy up that happened including the manufactures. They are now starting to catch up from this as we are seeing rounds on the shelf. Last I heard they were still two years behind in .22 demand but it is the least profitable round so they have been focusing resources to more profitable rounds in the same demand. Keep waiting, they will catch up in time with increased batches.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
4-5 years ago, 50 rounds of Federal 9mm was about $9.50. Now it's in the neighborhood of 15 bucks. A 100 round value pack of WWB .45ACP was about $32.00. Now it's pushing $50.00. When the supply of .22LR loosens up, you can bet $0.12 a round will be the new normal. Heck, it might be more than that. Just sayin'....

·
Registered
14,938 Posts
4-5 years ago, 50 rounds of Federal 9mm was about $9.50. Now it's in the neighborhood of 15 bucks. A 100 round value pack of WWB .45ACP was about $32.00. Now it's pushing $50.00. When the supply of .22LR loosens up, you can bet $0.12 a round will be the new normal. Heck, it might be more than that. Just sayin'....
Another new norm might be never buying and shooting .22LR, too. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,640 Posts
I stopped using anything I can't reload. So the ammo manufacturers can kiss my ass with their .22LR, I simply won't use it anymore. When Federal 525 Value Packs are $15 again, I will buy them, until then, I have PLENTY of other guns to use, and are much more fun anyway!

·
Registered
877 Posts
The only .22lr that gets shot at my house is by my 8 year old daughter. Once what I have is shot up, I hope that prices have normalized. If not, however, I may end up buying some even at the inflated prices for her. Unless she decides she is ready to start shooting center fire, but that's up to her.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Another new norm might be never buying and shooting .22LR, too. Take care. Tom Worthington
So going out to the range and shooting 9mm at .30 a round or .45ACP at .50 a round is a better deal than .22LR at .10 or even .12 a round? To each his own, I guess, but that logic don't add up on my calculator. Besides, you're just making a mess when you shoot a squirrel with a .45.

·
Registered
14,938 Posts
So going out to the range and shooting 9mm at .30 a round or .45ACP at .50 a round is a better deal than .22LR at .10 or even .12 a round? To each his own, I guess, but that logic don't add up on my calculator. Besides, you're just making a mess when you shoot a squirrel with a .45.
The only attraction I have to shooting any .22LR is that it is/was dirt cheap. Just doesn't do enough for me to shoot at .12 per round. Might as well shoot my BB gun, for much less money (but I'm not doing that, either). At .06 per round, I'd shoot some .22LR.

I will be shooting 12 gauge, 20 gauge, 40 S&W, .357 and .38. I just don't go through a couple boxes at a time. Take care. Tom Worthington

1 - 20 of 39 Posts