Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find a dedicated thread on this topic... so I created one.

Have a couple of questions on 210 deg tipped pushrods, as I have to og that route on a build.

What benefits does the switch from straight to 210 deg tips give?

Possible higher lift, more angled pushrod (sidewise), more RPM?

Then on pushrod fabrication;
Are all 210 deg tipped pushrods welded? Or does such a thing as a 1- piece (pressed) 210 deg tip exist?

Have always liked 1- piece pushrods. Figure the tensioning & weakening by doing a 1- piece 210 degree would make it unusable?

Xcuse if it has been covered in other threads; plz send me forward there

RS

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
I've heard the 210* tip referred to as for "shaft rockers" but regardless, it just gives more clearance around the radius for more articulation. Smith Brothers makes a one piece 210* tip but their one piece pushrods are machined, not swaged or "formed". There is absolutely nothing wrong with multiple piece pushrods. All the high end pushrods that I'm aware of have pressed in tips of one sort or another.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Without the 210° option on one end of my pushrods the trunnion area of my rockers will hit the pushrod and put it in a bind. Otherwise you would have to grind clearance in the rocker. I am running 3/8" pushrods and 1.65 Yella Terra on the intakes 23° SBC and those are the ones that hit. I use Trend single piece but would have no problem with the multi piece Mantons.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Manley sells 210* one piece swage tip pushrods. I have used them with no issue. (Trend may make them for Manley.) T&D and Jesel rockers may need them depending on lift.

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
Manley sells 210* one piece swage tip pushrods. I have used them with no issue. (Trend may make them for Manley.) T&D and Jesel rockers may need them depending on lift.
Here's a new Manley pushrod. Straight from Summit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Yup- Guess what happened when test- installing the nrely aquired p-rods? Yes, adjuster splintered to pieces. Gotta get 2 New ones....

The Manley- piece Scott is showing isn't a 210- degree, is it?

Im the end I found Comp pushorods in the length I need. Amd they are listed as one- piece. One of the big pushrod- fabricators make them for Comp, as far as I remember. Smith Bros?
I can see they would be machnief and not pressed, but that will also need some wall thickness.

Was gonna go .08 wall, but the comp's are .135. As some say: weight on pushrodside no matters. And they are stiffer... Checkd out Manton and .08 was special order.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Companies like comp et al, use whoever they decide to use at the time, for whatever reason they decide.. So I guess they put out a tender??? E.R. Racing Ok and that was also the case when I enquired quite some years ago.. trend supplied them and quite a few other suppliers

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
Thanks

Yup- Guess what happened when test- installing the nrely aquired p-rods? Yes, adjuster splintered to pieces. Gotta get 2 New ones....

The Manley- piece Scott is showing isn't a 210- degree, is it?

Im the end I found Comp pushorods in the length I need. Amd they are listed as one- piece. One of the big pushrod- fabricators make them for Comp, as far as I remember. Smith Bros?
I can see they would be machnief and not pressed, but that will also need some wall thickness.

Was gonna go .08 wall, but the comp's are .135. As some say: weight on pushrodside no matters. And they are stiffer... Checkd out Manton and .08 was special order.
No, that's not a 210* pushrod I posted the pic of. Honestly, I'm not sure what it is. Didn't know anyone made offset pushrods...:oops:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looks like a poorly made push rod - must have failed quality control. (optical illusion?)
Would be fun to spin that one in the drill press to see how the end wobbled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts