Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have no interest past about 2020. I want the paddle shifters and active exhaust, but I don't like AEB being mandatory. I also don't like push button start being mandatory.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
………on Wednesday. Lots of speculation. Let’s hear what you have to say.

Oh and something about this article makes me think the 6.8 is still on the table for the Mustang and F150.

I heard that the 6.8 V-8 we have been hearing rumors about is a larger version of the 6.2 V-8 Super Duty gasser.

Seems to me an overhead valve V-8 would be cheaper to mass produce than an overhead cam v-8.

I'd rather see a 6.8 Godzilla but who knows.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I heard that the 6.8 V-8 we have been hearing rumors about is a larger version of the 6.2 V-8 Super Duty gasser.

Seems to me an overhead valve V-8 would be cheaper to mass produce than an overhead cam v-8.

Roush did one of those as a 460ci. I'd love to have a cheap(er) aluminum block verison of that motor (for a project car I can't remotely afford to even start on).

·
Registered
10,093 Posts

In the other thread a guy in Windsor plant said they were making test parts for the baby Godzilla.
‘It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me to make a .5 Liter smaller engine for just SDutys. I guess they can save money over the 6.2 and charge a premium for the 7.3 even though they will cost about the same to produce.

·
Premium Member
22,620 Posts
………on Wednesday. Lots of speculation. Let’s hear what you have to say.

Oh and something about this article makes me think the 6.8 is still on the table for the Mustang and F150.

I've yet to hear anything about the Stang getting this motor.......
.......But the Godzilla design has a few traits that suggest the
Mustang was a consideration.

The ease of oil pan clearance.
Exhaust manifold fitment.
Just to name two......straight from the drawing board.

This new Ford designed S550 intake........
.....Ford Performance could've easily used their S197
that showcased one of the early swaps to debut that
intake.

There is more but it's late.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I think the 6.8 is slated to replace the 6.2 in the Super Duty. Sadly no love for the F150.

I suspect the 5.0 will continue in the Mustang with a modest power bump. I know nothing about the S650 chassis, I just hope it is extremely rigid.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts