Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised nobody posted yet. New Z06, 5.5l flat plane crank, 670hp/460tq. 8,600 rpm redline. No word on pricing yet.

·
Moderater
14,600 Posts
Probably 125K to 150K. A friend of mine has a allocation for one already. Cheap for a true super car.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
Yawn. If they gave me one for free, I'd sell it and buy something cooler.

• Haha
Reactions: TurboSBC

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
670 Hp is very impressive , didn’t their blown 6.2 from the year before make only 650? Smaller motor and no blower and it has 20 horse on it ? Strange
Yes. The LT4 in the Z06 made 650hp, the LT5 in the ZR1 made 755 hp.

This is a 5.5 liter, dohc, flat plane crank. Completely different engine design.

Reactions: rkupon1

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Yes. The LT4 in the Z06 made 650hp, the LT5 in the ZR1 made 755 hp.

This is a 5.5 liter, dohc, flat plane crank. Completely different engine design.
I understand it’s dohc , just crazy to me they got 670 horsepower out a 5.5. Ford claims they had to derate the 22’ coyote because emissions are more stringent, then gm does a 670 n/a deal ? Makes ford look pretty fuck lousy

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I understand it’s dohc , just crazy to me they got 670 horsepower out a 5.5. Ford claims they had to derate the 22’ coyote because emissions are more stringent, then gm does a 670 n/a deal ? Makes ford look pretty fuck lousy
Likely difference is that the Z06 will be a gas guzzler tax car and the 5.0 Coyotes are not.

·
Super Moderator
49,461 Posts
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Track born meets the streets.
Create your own legend with the legendary Z07 Performance Package, available on Z06. It provides added aero prowess along with standard carbon ceramic brakes and Michelin® Pilot Sport® Cup 2 tires. Available carbon-fiber wheels provide an unsprung weight savings of 41 lbs., because every gram counts on the path to racing perfection.

Reactions: rkupon1

·
Aviation Section
27,195 Posts
670 Hp is very impressive , didn’t their blown 6.2 from the year before make only 650? Smaller motor and no blower and it has 20 horse on it ? Strange
That would have made a kick-ass Comp motor 15 years ago, our Kaiser 300 SBC in the 90's made just over 700. Our Nickens 323 SBC with Buick heads
made right around 640 in the same time frame.

·
Premium Member
20,867 Posts
Vette is considered low volume while the Stang is branded as being high volume.
Different standards for the two.

If Ferrari had to meet the same standards as a Mustang GT, you could easily knock
off at least 150 hp.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Vette is considered low volume while the Stang is branded as being high volume.
Different standards for the two.

If Ferrari had to meet the same standards as a Mustang GT, you could easily knock
off at least 150 hp.
I just watched a video on YouTube. It’s a dry sump motor with no cam followers and a fuckin wild looking intake that the engineer claims actually delivers a positive air charge. Crazy , but it makes sense now how they got that out of it after watching the video. I wonder if that 670 is on 91?

·
Premium Member
20,867 Posts
I just watched a video on YouTube. It’s a dry sump motor with no cam followers and a fuckin wild looking intake that the engineer claims actually delivers a positive air charge. Crazy , but it makes sense now how they got that out of it after watching the video. I wonder if that 670 is on 91?
Most likely 93
I think it has the same bore spacing as the LT.

If I owned that Vette, the very 1st thing I'd do would ditch the FPC
and install a stroker in the form of a CPC.

Wondering just how much it can be stroked......?

·
Registered
40,848 Posts
Wow, live on the Chevy site! The body changes are nice! The engine looks and sounds amazing! But 0-60 in 2.6?! Base car runs 2.9 with 495 hp. I'm guessing with another 175 hp it may shave that a bit more?
I doubt it. You reach a point of diminishing returns....175hp added to a car that does 0-60 in six seconds might save a second and a half off that time - but it won't with one that's already at 2.9, which comes from gearing and mid-engine traction as much as it does horsepower. It doesn't get much better than 2.6 for any production street car including the 1500hp Bugatti Chiron. Plus, torque is important in the 0-60 game and the Z06 has less of it than the base 6.2.

Ferrari's 488, with similar power and weight and which the Z06 is obviously targeting, advertises a 2.7 0-60 time. But it's a 10.1 second quarter miler and the Z06 won't be far from that in the hands of the right driver.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts