Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
32,631 Posts
Are the new ones having issues?
i dont think so. from everything i have seen the bugs have been worked out of them by '16

i have just over 25k miles on my '18. i got the truck with 53 miles on it, 20-30 miles afte r i left the dealer check engine light came on. it didnt go into limp or anything so i drove hom about 400 miles from kernersville to home in Pa. it was for the rear nox sensor. i deleted the code a couple times but ultimatly took it to the local dealer with around 2k miles on it. they repaired under warranty.

my guess is, the truck was made in october 2016, i got it in may of 2018. possibly a corroded sensor ? but i had 0 issues with the truck.... BUT i dont daily drive it like stop and go traffic, a short run into town, etc. i have a gasser for that..... i typically haul heavy, or tow......hell i even have the stock firestone tires on it, thought for sure id hate them even in the winter, but nope, they are holding up great, probably alittle under 1/2 tread yet

i think anyone who has issues with the new trucks isnt using them like they should. you just cant sit around and idle them all day like the old trucks.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,128 Posts
That kernersville dealer has good prices. I am keeping an eye on them and may take a trip down.

·
time to go racing yet ?
32,631 Posts
kernersville has a pretty good reputation on selling trucks, they offer a 500.00 voucher for air fair, pickup from greensboro airport by there driver, when i got picked up he took me by there storage lot he said over 1000 trucks in there. i seen what i wanted online, they would only hold what i wanted for 3 days, got a flight down, and took about 90 mins at the dealer and i was on my way, my 1st new truck purchase but it went so well.

i think they sell so many becuase they are on the lot ready to go, in our area all they have are 2500 short beds or 3500 duallys... i wanted a long bed srw 3500 really hard to find one of them on a lot especially with the aisin

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,128 Posts
kernersville has a pretty good reputation on selling trucks, they offer a 500.00 voucher for air fair, pickup from greensboro airport by there driver, when i got picked up he took me by there storage lot he said over 1000 trucks in there. i seen what i wanted online, they would only hold what i wanted for 3 days, got a flight down, and took about 90 mins at the dealer and i was on my way, my 1st new truck purchase but it went so well.

i think they sell so many becuase they are on the lot ready to go, in our area all they have are 2500 short beds or 3500 duallys... i wanted a long bed srw 3500 really hard to find one of them on a lot especially with the aisin

Yes, exactly and exactly what im looking for. Im near the PA/DE border.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I like the extended cab configuration on a Gen 11 Dodge Ram, I don't need no stinking 4 door truck, but I do need an 8' bed, hence buying a 2001 24 valve 5.9 w/ NV5600 transmission in 2016 with 98,000 on it for 15K, (one owner SW rust free truck) only has 104,000 on it now....and ZERO emissions shit to fuck with.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Trying to post a picture...
[/url][/IMG]

EDIT: We'll I'll be damned...1st picture I've posted on YB

·
Registered
178 Posts
That kernersville dealer has good prices. I am keeping an eye on them and may take a trip down.
I've bought three trucks from them, and had them all delivered. Recommend 100%. And the price on the site is actually very close to what the truck will be. Plenty of other dealers I tried to do business with hid a bunch of shit in their advertised price. They had a doc fee, I think, but less BS than with others. When this F350 warranty runs out I'll be buying another Ram off of them.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts