Yellow Bullet Forums banner

161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
The rate dropped from 4.7% to 3.6%.
Did you fail 3rd grade math or are you just stupid?
Rate of change <> rate

Do you not understand the difference?

If Trump took over and it suddenly dropped faster then he could take credit. But it didn't. The trend didn't change.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Rate of change <> rate

If Trump took over and it suddenly dropped faster then he could take credit. But it didn't. The trend didn't change.
You don't even make sense, it's a dumb irrelevant point. The unemployment rate DROPPED under Trump, period it's not debatable.

Have you ever had a day of economics in your life? Answer that question because I know the answer.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Rate of change <> rate

In June 2015 the unemployment rate was 4.8% when Obama left office two years later it was 4.7%. It had stabalized. After Trump was elected it went down to 3.6% so you are wrong again.
The economy doesn't just continue to drop into record level because it dropped after a recession. It only dropped to Bush levels.

Tell us what economic business policy did Obama enact to get us to record territory? I thought the left said the economy would go into a recession? I want specifics.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
What is "a day of economics"?

In June 2015 the unemployment rate was 4.8% when Obama left office two years later it was 4.7%. It had stabalized. After Trump was elected it went down to 3.6% so you are wrong again.
The economy doesn't just continue to drop into record level because it dropped after a recession. It only dropped to Bush levels.

Tell us what economic business policy did Obama enact to get us to record territory? I thought the left said the economy would go into a recession? I want specifics.
The main driver of the unemployment rate is job creation. It slowed after Trump took over. However there are other factors that go into the unemployment rate that makes it somewhat variable. It has a pattern of variability that gets filtered out when you look at the bigger picture. That is what I encourage you to do.

From 4.7% at the end of 2016 to 4.0% in January 2019, are we really going to worry about that small spike and scream and yell that Trump has only dropped the unemployment rate 0.7% in 2 years? Me, I'm not worried about it. Look at the overall trend!

You ask about what Obama did, but what did Trump do? What did he really do? Some tax cuts maybe, but not much more. The trade deals are just a dog and pony show (I dont think any of them are fully in force yet). Heck Trump may have done more than a few things that slowed down economic growth. His totally erratic behavior on trade has many people worried and likely to withhold on hiring or business investments. I know of a few American business owners in that boat. There's a reason 2018 was much stronger than 2019.

He screams and yells about the federal reserve hurting exports, meanwhile exports aren't in their mandate from congress. Maintaining 2% inflation and maximizing job creation is. Why hasn't he instead talked about changing their congressional mandate? Because it's just a show he wants to continue.

He talked about slaughtering the trade deficit during his campaign, yet it got worse when he took over. I don't even know why he's so obsessed with it, almost all economists understand that it is high when the economy is doing well. It is not one country "stealing" from another as Trump likes to frame it. Go compare the trade deficit to recessions. You will find a pattern.

Trump also talked about 3% or 4% GDP growth during his campaign. He has hit 2.9% yearly GDP growth once. Guess what? So did Obama.

He talks about the greatest economy ever, yet job creation has slowed, GDP pales in comparison to the 90s, and manufacturing jobs have largely continued the same trend of job growth that existed before he took over. The unemployment levels aren't due to anything he's done, but rather it's from the USA having the longest expansionary period ever. It would've happened with anyone as president. Wage growth is related to unemployment %, which again has nothing to do with him.

When are you guys going to learn it's just a big dog and pony show from ole Trumpy?

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
It's comical to see people throw up graphs and scream what Obama "did".
I was here. I saw what happened during Obama's presidency. I saw A LOT of places close down. A LOT. You can throw graphs around all day long, but I'll tell you what I saw, and what many others saw. The economy during Obama was shit.
Hell, ask Horndog. Wait, never mind. Only a complete idiot, who started a business, then folded said business, under Obama, would still scream about how good the economy was under him.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
He inherited the worst recession in 70 years. What the fuck do you expect to happen? Unemployment rate has only gone that high ONCE before in history. It was also unusually long and started well before he took over. Do you guys not remember how bad 2008 was?

Are you really blaming him for that? I'm no Obama fan, but that's ridiculous. Besides, it's a huge deflection on your part of half a dozen solid points I brought up. Good job.

Do you not remember this?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
He inherited the worst recession in 70 years. What the fuck do you expect to happen? Unemployment rate has only gone that high ONCE before in history. It was also unusually long and started well before he took over. Do you guys not remember how bad 2008 was?

Are you really blaming him for that? I'm no Obama fan, but that's ridiculous. Besides, it's a huge deflection on your part of half a dozen solid points I brought up. Good job.

View attachment 59812

Awww, are you upset because real world experience "Trumps" your graph? It's funny, during Obama's 8 years, when shit was bad, all I heard was "it's Bush's fault". Now that things are better, I hear bullshit excuses as to WHY it was so shitty for 8 years. Get over it. You can graph all the shit you want, it won't change the fact Obama couldn't make anything better, for 8 years

·
Registered
19,869 Posts

View attachment 59812

worst recession in 70 years is also a lie

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Awww, are you upset because real world experience "Trumps" your graph? It's funny, during Obama's 8 years, when shit was bad, all I heard was "it's Bush's fault". Now that things are better, I hear bullshit excuses as to WHY it was so shitty for 8 years. Get over it. You can graph all the shit you want, it won't change the fact Obama couldn't make anything better, for 8 years
You mean small anecdotes that have no bearing on the overall economy? Hey how is coal doing lately? Catch my point?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
worst recession in 70 years is also a lie
Uhm WHAT!?!?!

I find it incredible how short your memories can be.

·
Registered
19,869 Posts
You mean small anecdotes that have no bearing on the overall economy? Hey how is coal doing lately? Catch my point?
coal is slowly being phased out in favor of natural gas, in what is a normal, to be expected transition into cleaner fuels. resulting in more efficiency, and better profits, kinda like robots are doin for the manufacturing base......so whats your point?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
coal is slowly being phased out in favor of natural gas, in what is a normal, to be expected transition into cleaner fuels. resulting in more efficiency, and better profits, kinda like robots are doin for the manufacturing base......so whats your point?
If you asked your average coal miner, they might think the economy is crashing. Anecdotes don't matter when observing the economy as a whole. There will be people and businesses doing well in bad economies. There will be people and businesses doing bad in good economies.

·
Registered
19,869 Posts
Uhm WHAT!?!?!

View attachment 59819

View attachment 59820

View attachment 59821

I find it incredible how short your memories can be.

yep, like I said its a lie.....70 years ago would be 1950, right after the end of WW2

·
Registered
19,869 Posts
If you asked your average coal miner, they might think the economy is crashing. Anecdotes don't matter when observing the economy as a whole. There will be people and businesses doing well in bad economies. There will be people and businesses doing bad in good economies.
brilliant...……...you have an unremarkable ability for understating the obvious

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
So, business after business, having to shutdown, has no bearing on the overall economy? OK......
One of the customers that shutdown employed about 10,000 people in a factory, but I'm sure that had no affect whatsoever on the economy. Oh wait, we had other businesses as customers at that time, in that same area too, and they were highly impacted as well...... So what were you saying about no bearing?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
So, business after business, having to shutdown, has no bearing on the overall economy? OK......
One of the customers that shutdown employed about 10,000 people in a factory, but I'm sure that had no affect whatsoever on the economy. Oh wait, we had other businesses as customers at that time, in that same area too, and they were highly impacted as well...... So what were you saying about no bearing?
Do not take what I said out of context.

161 - 180 of 219 Posts