Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Do as you said and look at those times. Only when Tomacs bike breaks, or he does his awesome solo crash trick, is Marvin the fastest. The only person that can beat Tomac right is, is Tomac. He is the fastest guy on the track.
Bingo. He was 10 seconds ahead of everyone in moto one with 3 laps to go when his bike broke.

·
Big Trev is a great guy!
15,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
James Stewart was generally quicker than Ricky Carmichael right through his career.....but who has the most championships? Cant win when your on the ground, no matter how quick you are.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
James Stewart was generally quicker than Ricky Carmichael right through his career.....but who has the most championships? Cant win when your on the ground, no matter how quick you are.
How was he supposed to overcome a DNF from a broken bike? He had a 10 second lead. I don't think you comprehend how far ahead he was or you just choose ignorance and ignore reality.

·
FORD
3,293 Posts
So what was his excuse in the second moto? Bike didnt break.....did he gallantly throw the race to give poor old Marvin a chance?
Have you ever raced? Do you understand the significance of your starting position? What was Marvin’s excuses on the five motos he didn’t win? How does the guy who isn’t faster get 30 seconds leads over the whole field?

To say mavin is consistently faster is just incorrect. Tomac is the fastest guy on the track, who happened to have a mechanical, who also made more critical mistakes. That doesn’t make Marvin faster. Did you see what Musquin said in the post race interview? He himself said “the fastest guy doesn’t always win.” He even knows he was gifted a race.

·
Registered
997 Posts
for gods sake take tomacs nuts out of you mouth for just a minute. in the first moto marvin was 2nd from last and got to third , then second when the green bike blew up. so if tomac is the fastest man alive all of the time , why could he not overcome a bad gate pick in the second moto ? i'll tell you why because he rides over his head all the time. . look at qualifying he's not always the fastest. anyone can throw down a heater lap , but trying to run that pace the whole race is why he winds up on the ground so often . marvin rode a smarter race and now has the points lead.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
for gods sake take tomacs nuts out of you mouth for just a minute. in the first moto marvin was 2nd from last and got to third , then second when the green bike blew up. so if tomac is the fastest man alive all of the time , why could he not overcome a bad gate pick in the second moto ? i'll tell you why because he rides over his head all the time. . look at qualifying he's not always the fastest. anyone can throw down a heater lap , but trying to run that pace the whole race is why he winds up on the ground so often . marvin rode a smarter race and now has the points lead.
How many times has Tomac come from behind this season to win the race? More than Marvin.

·
Registered
997 Posts
How many times has Tomac come from behind this season to win the race? More than Marvin.
he definitely has. and on many days no one can touch him. but I also think that marvin can match his speed on occasion , he often out qualifies him, but isn't willing to ride the whole moto at a pace that will put him on the ground. my point is that he doesn't seem to want to use his head. everyone comments on how he won a race by 30 seconds what for? most other riders will manage their lead and ride conservative to stay on 2 wheels . it's one thing to go down as you are coming thru the pack pushing to make up points, but to crash out when you have a huge lead? if he could just back it down a little, he wouldn't be second in points right now.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
he definitely has. and on many days no one can touch him. but I also think that marvin can match his speed on occasion , he often out qualifies him, but isn't willing to ride the whole moto at a pace that will put him on the ground. my point is that he doesn't seem to want to use his head. everyone comments on how he won a race by 30 seconds what for? most other riders will manage their lead and ride conservative to stay on 2 wheels . it's one thing to go down as you are coming thru the pack pushing to make up points, but to crash out when you have a huge lead? if he could just back it down a little, he wouldn't be second in points right now.

That's not what happened last weekend if you watched the races.

1st moto: DNF'd due to mechanical failure
2nd moto: terrible gate pick due to moto 1 results and was working through the pack; biffed and came in 9th.

The fastest 450 qualifier was Baggett and he crashed all day. The track was brutal.

I'll ask another question to put this into perspective.....how many motos has Marvin won this season vs. Tomac? The ONLY reason Marvin has the points lead is because of the DNF which was due to a mechanical failure.

Let's not confuse what's really going on here and the cause.

·
FORD
3,293 Posts
Funny how we somehow forgot the first five races. Maybe they could just award the championship to the guy who won two races in the middle of the season :rolleyes:

And just so we are clear as to what was said before this weekend.

Do as you said and look at those times. Only when Tomacs bike breaks, or he does his awesome solo crash trick, is Marvin the fastest. The only person that can beat Tomac right is, is Tomac. He is the fastest guy on the track.
Marvin was not the fastest today. Eli was turning consistent 1:50 lap times, with 1:50.912 being the fastest in the first moto, and Barcia had the second fastest lap, excluding Tomacs other laps, at 1:52.143. Musquins fastest lap was 1:53.033, so over 2 full seconds slower.

In the second moto Eli was still turning consistent 1:50s with the fastest being a 1:50.466 and Marvin’s best lap was 1:51.471. Still a second slower.

Once Tomac took over the third spot, he laid back because he knew he had the overall, and also knows Barcia has no issues taking him out for the overall win, so why risk it? As long as Tomac stays healthy and on two wheels, nobody can match his speed. His poor starts are the only thing that gives others a chance to win.
Incorrect. Tomac was consistently in the 1:50s and sometimes in the 1:51s. Musquins fastest laps weren't even there. Tomac was in the 1:51-1:52s while fighting his way back from a bad start, while passing traffic in the second moto. Musquins fastest time was slower than that. Tomac slowed once reaching third, because he was smart about it. And let's not forget that when tomac was leading the the first moto, there was no need for him to push harder.

And that doesn't even touch on the "would have, should have, could have." Tomac won, musquin lost.......again. As long as Tomac is healthy and avoids his infamous dirt naps, musquin has nothing for him, which is proved by the 5 for 5. Either way, Tomac slap times were consistently the fastest for the entirety of the race, excluding when he dialed it back because there was no reason to push

All true. The only person that can beat Tomac, is Tomac, or in the case of musquin taking the point lead, a mechanical. It’s pretty hard to overcome a DNF, and if anyone thinks Tomac, who has won FIVE of the overalls, is just going to not win any for the last half of the season, well......LOL.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Tomac is in another zip code. It is funny to read how people think MM has something for Tomac, The only time he does is when Tomac has a problem. It would be so cool to see if we could magically have Tomac , Stewart, Villopoto, Ricky C and McGrath all in their prime race.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Tomac is in another zip code. It is funny to read how people think MM has something for Tomac, The only time he does is when Tomac has a problem. It would be so cool to see if we could magically have Tomac , Stewart, Villopoto, Ricky C and McGrath all in their prime race.
Indeed. Where are all of the Musquin taint dwellers after this weekend? :confused:

·
Registered
380 Posts
That would be epic. I don't think anyone could pick a winner but I have to say if it was outdoors MC couldn't hang.
I think Roczen will have something for him soon but Marvin just doesn't have the speed or the grit.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Marvin is a great rider, But just does not have enough for Tomac. When and if Ken gets back to 100% he is the only one who could give him a run.

QUOTE=85gtkid;69337089]That would be epic. I don't think anyone could pick a winner but I have to say if it was outdoors MC couldn't hang.
I think Roczen will have something for him soon but Marvin just doesn't have the speed or the grit.[/QUOTE]

81 - 100 of 134 Posts