Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Low Life
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ford dealership ordered the third engine for my fathers truck. They said it was on backorder. WTF is going on with Ford?

·
Low Life
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5.0 They both burn oil right out of the gate. 20,000 miles total and he is 80 years old and doesn't tow or hot rod it.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Spray liners are shit in the gen 3 yotes. I wouldn’t buy one right now , until Ford gets their shit together. They are hit or miss. Gen2 was fuckin rock solid , best v8 I ever owned. Leave it to Ford to fuck it up

·
Registered
17,388 Posts
Fucking engines are a large key component - though Lemon-Laws go by formulas on incidences and time out of service I believe.
Many modern vehicles gulp oil down like crazy ( normal was they'd burn a quart by time to change oil) not any more.

How much was Pop's motor's burning?

·
Senior Frog
10,196 Posts
Spray liners are shit in the gen 3 yotes. I wouldn’t buy one right now , until Ford gets their shit together. They are hit or miss. Gen2 was fuckin rock solid , best v8 I ever owned. Leave it to Ford to fuck it up
We have a winner.........

Ford took a great motor and fucked it up !

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
14,011 Posts
So sad.
And I had really thought seriously about buying a 2018 5.0.

I still have not heard if anyone has back traced the engines that burn excessive oil to see if it a certain plant problem or a certain work shift ?

Is there a pattern or just random bad luck ?

For now I love my Gen 1 2011 F150 5.0 w/ 202K miles

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
This seems to be a common theme with Ford. Tritons spitting out plugs, seizing plugs, eating chains, 6.0 powerstroke head gaskets/head bolts, 6.4 powerstroke egr dpf issues. And this is just the ones I have experienced issues with.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I wonder what sort of hurdles had to be cleared to get these engine replacements approved??? Time, documentation, specific issues, etc.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
This seems to be a common theme with Ford. Tritons spitting out plugs, seizing plugs, eating chains, 6.0 powerstroke head gaskets/head bolts, 6.4 powerstroke egr dpf issues. And this is just the ones I have experienced issues with.
With all the other makes enjoying perfect service lives. No problems at all? Correct?

·
WHAT NOW ?
14,985 Posts
I like the looks of their trucks , but these are the exact reasons I wont by one....they cant seem to get their shit together on a long life engine ^^^

1 - 20 of 119 Posts