Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need something for a couple years and these are tempting. Its all wheel drive which will be nice in the snow, 8spd auto and 16,500 miles, I assume its a lease return because its at the BMW dealer.

Ive heard all the used BMW horror stories but is this new enough to avoid that? Will it be trouble free for a couple years or should I find something else?

Its the turbo 3.0L straight 6, 320 something hp

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Nope stay away brother . All of the new BMW are garbage. This one has a low reliability score. A lot of fuel issues.

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,646 Posts
BMWs are very reliable cars, despite what people like to regurgitate on the internet. The parts aren't much more expensive than any other modern car, and aren't any harder to work on.

Being a 16 it's definitely new enough where you shouldn't worry about working on it.

I'd say go check it out, and drive it. You'll be amazed at how it handles and feels overall. The X drive system makes the car feel like a Panzer in the winter, and is super grippy in the warmer months.

You can squeeze a good amount of power out of those turbo powerplants pretty easily. They're a great, very refined engine that run incredibly smooth, and pull hard.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,452 Posts
Find you a LEXUS....
Agreed.

They are #1 rated for over 20 years now for a good reason.
BMW isn't even in the top 5 and sometimes not in the top 10

IMHO, I avoid German vehicles, but it is still better then Audi.
Do your research on multiple outlets for overall reliability and most site research will confirm this for you.

3.5 stars out of 5 on this site , and this is just 1 of many.
I'm pretty sure even GM has better ratings then that on their sedans.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/bmw/4-series/2016/reliability

It's not conjecture, it's backed by enough evidence if you research it.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Probably fantastic while it's under warranty. Beyond that, there's a reason you can't give away a 10year old bimmer.

I love the way BMWs drive, and would really like to own one. That being said, I have no reason to believe they're a smart buy long term.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Make sure it has the turn signal option. Most of them don't

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably fantastic while it's under warranty. Beyond that, there's a reason you can't give away a 10year old bimmer.

I love the way BMWs drive, and would really like to own one. That being said, I have no reason to believe they're a smart buy long term.
I wouldn't touch an old one but this car seems like a good buy and would still be worth something in a couple years

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
My mother bought an x3, m40. She was looking at replacing her caddy of the same size with another, and I advised her to look at some other vehicles. The m40 deal is a fun ride. Little small for me and a little firm for longer trips. But fun vehicle. She will trade it before the warranty runs out.
Those BMW's sure drive nicely. They do what you tell them to do and give just the right amount of feedback.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,345 Posts
IF YOU ENJOY WARM GERMAN SAUSAGE UP YOUR BUTT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts