1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
AG Jeff is my Hero
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted by tasca on fb
Just Announced... New Ford Racing Crate engines/control packs
Ford Performance Coyote Crate Engines – Transition to the 2015 Coyote
The transition to the 2015 5.0L Coyote crate engines has begun. For you and your customer this is expected to be seamless as there is very little difference between the current 2011-14 and new 2015 engine and control pack.
WD Information – Standard 5.0L Coyote
• The part number for the 2015 Mustang GT 5.0L engine is M-6007-M50A and is available for order and will ship immediately
o Note the suffix “A” has been added to denote the 2015 engine
• The part number for the Control Pack is M-6017-504V. This Control Pack must be used with the 2015 engine – the 2011-14 Control Pack will not work.
WD Information – 5.0L Aluminator Coyote
• The Aluminator Coyotes – M-6007-A50NA and A50SC - will also transition to the new 2015 Coyote engine and will follow the same build content and modifications as the 2011-14 engines.
• The parts numbers for the Aluminator 2015 Coyote based Crate Engines are:
o M-6007-A50NAA – In stock and available for shipping
o M-6007-A50SCA – In production and available for ordering
• The part number for the Control Pack is M-6017-504V and must be used with the 2015 based Aluminators.
• The Aluminator short blocks will also transition to the 2015 based Coyote as well. The 2011-14 based short blocks are still in stock with production of the 2015 based engines planned for October. The part numbers for the 2015 based Aluminator short blocks are:
o M-6009-A50NAA
o M-6009-A50SCA
• The content of the 2015 based Aluminator XS (M-6007-A50XS) is in the process of being finalized and will communicated in about 30 days.
Customer Information - The New 2015 Engine
• The 2015 5.0L Coyote engine has several changes that improve the power output to 435 horsepower
o New cylinder heads that flow more air
o Charge Valve intake manifold that improves low speed performance
o Larger camshafts
• With the changes to the new Coyote, some of the 2015 engine components will not interchange with the 2011-2014 engines. Contact the Ford performance Tech Line for specific questions. A summary of the compatibility between the 2011-14 engines and the new 2015 engine will be posted on the Ford Performance web site within the next several weeks.
• Note that the Coyote engine as installed in the 2015 Mustang uses an exhaust manifold with an integrated catalytic convertor on the left side. Due to its cost, this manifold this is not included and the engine is shipped only with the right hand exhaust manifold. This “right side only manifold” information is called out in the product information for the engine.
2011-14 5.0L Coyote Engine Control Pack
• Note that the engine control packs for the 2015 and 2011-14 engines are not interchangeable. The 2015 Coyote has moved to a new level of engine control hardware and software that is more sophisticated than the 2011-14 Control Pack.
• The control pack for the 2011-2014 5.0L engine will also transition to the new PN - M-6017-A504VA that includes the Speed Dial Wiring.
• Speed Dial Wiring improves the engine idle quality on deceleration.
• This control pack will continue to be available indefinitely to service customers who are pulling engines out of used cars.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yo Ken B...you think these will make it into Coyote Stock in the future?

·
Registered
446 Posts
What's the story with the firing order on the 2015s? I've read it was different from the 2011-2014 motors, then I've heard that they're all the same. Any definitive answer on this?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Kind of a bummer the crank sprocket is smaller on the 2015's.. The primary chains are supposed to be smaller as well, wonder if there is a longevity issue there.

·
AG Jeff is my Hero
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the story with the firing order on the 2015s? I've read it was different from the 2011-2014 motors, then I've heard that they're all the same. Any definitive answer on this?
I have no idea.. Im sure someone will chim in

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Any price for the total package?? Sucks the motor has a new style control pack..

·
AG Jeff is my Hero
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea on price. He did say price has gone up a little but not a lot. Ford will be releasing will be releasing a list of parts that are not interchangeable within a few weeks

·
Super Moderator
46,599 Posts
So what does this refer to?

The transition to the 2015 5.0L Coyote crate engines has begun. For you and your customer this is expected to be seamless as there is very little difference between the current 2011-14 and new 2015 engine and control pack.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
So what does this refer to?

The older control pack with not work with a 2015 engine.. You have to buy the newer style control pack with the engine.. $$$$$$

·
11,420 Posts
So more money for 15 hp. Still hoping the voodo motor will be offered as a crate motor. That may drop the price of the coyote. I hope.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
So more money for 15 hp. Still hoping the voodo motor will be offered as a crate motor. That may drop the price of the coyote. I hope.
2015 has a better block ( molded a valley brace into the casting) , better rods and heads.. Still have to sleeve the block for big power.. I wonder if ford upgraded the oil pump??

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
doubtful. Ford assured us there are plenty of first gen engines to supply the class for many years to come.
That sucks .. But for guys like you would it be worth the swap?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
That sucks .. But for guys like you would it be worth the swap?
nothing wrong with the one I've had since 2013, now over 200 passes. I'm sure the new head design will make more power, but I think it would be a huge headache to get it in. You start talking weight breaks, different tunes for the new control pack, etc, and then rules changes get out of hand. Rules stability and lack of different engine combinations is why this class has been so successful.

Now, if we start talking about "VooDoo Stock" that's a whole different topic :)

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
nothing wrong with the one I've had since 2013, now over 200 passes. I'm sure the new head design will make more power, but I think it would be a huge headache to get it in. You start talking weight breaks, different tunes for the new control pack, etc, and then rules changes get out of hand. Rules stability and lack of different engine combinations is why this class has been so successful.

The VooDoo class would be a great class..Be a cheap and fun heads up class for the avg joe. Just as Coyote stock is now..

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
A VooDoo class would sound sweet.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

Love watching the CS class, definitely my favorite class out there. You guys drive the shit out of those cars. More rpms would probably be interesting.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts