Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side heated seat coming on by itself and the switch is not on.
Not using the remote start.

Is there a reprogramming bulletin or some other fix.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
For the kind of money those things cost I wouldn't deal with it. You paid for that warranty.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I don't get Chevrolet's electrical problems, I'm not bashing, I just know that it seems every one no matter how new that comes through the shop has some kind of electrical gremlins, or a light on. Are they using cheap components, something in the design or what.

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,901 Posts
I don't get Chevrolet's electrical problems, I'm not bashing, I just know that it seems every one no matter how new that comes through the shop has some kind of electrical gremlins, or a light on. Are they using cheap components, something in the design or what.
Honestly, I haven't had a thing wrong with my wife's Equinox or my Silverado.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'm here at work. I'll check real quick. It may be a BCM programming issue.

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,901 Posts

·
Super Moderator
47,288 Posts
I bought my 04 Z71 Silverado new,....only problems have been a tail gate cable recall, and a faulty gauge cluster that both got replaced free of charge.

Then, when my 3 year 36,000 mile warranty was long over,.... and it was a few years pass that, the PCM shit the bed and wouldn't allow the monitors to reset for the state inspection. Much to my surprise, that was also covered under the "emissions warranty" (that warranty was for 7yrs, not sure of the mileage),....and was replaced free of charge, also.

Not bad for 10 yrs on a 4 wheel drive vehicle driven daily, even during the Winters of New England.

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
'13 Silveraido bought in July '13 no issues yet. Well except for my daughter ripping the right bed side up on it when it only had a couple of thousand miles on it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
There's a few bulletins covering seat heater issues. Just take it in and let them scan it.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Well I know that they aren't all shit, I'm just saying it seems that there really is something up, I have a customer with a 3 year old Suburban with stabilatrack light on and the door locks go crazy, and another one with a Trailblazer that the drivers door burnt off of it, after the dealership repaired it in a couple of months all the trouble lights came on, oil, abs, check engine, airbag, everything and the radio quit.

·
Super Moderator
47,288 Posts
Well I know that they aren't all shit, I'm just saying it seems that there really is something up, I have a customer with a 3 year old Suburban with stabilatrack light on and the door locks go crazy, and another one with a Trailblazer that the drivers door burnt off of it, after the dealership repaired it in a couple of months all the trouble lights came on, oil, abs, check engine, airbag, everything and the radio quit.
I'm pretty sure out of all the GM, Ford, and Chrysler PUs on the road,...there 100s of stories just like that of problematic electronics for all makes.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You're right Frank. But I'm a GM guy and work at a GM dealership. I have never seen anything like the BS GM has done in the past few years. Anytime anyone asks about the new cars, I tell them "Anything but GM".

The only flipside is if they want a truck, I say GMC. They are still only built in Ft Wayne. We see a difference in quality between a GMC and Chevy.

The only reason I work here is the fringe benefits in the Parts dept. I can look up p/n's, get GM parts cheap, get used LS motors dirt cheap and keeps me busy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts