Yellow Bullet Forums banner
661 - 680 of 704 Posts
I wouldn't make near the power expected, so they kept leaning on it and it blew up.
I dont know where you think you got your information from.... but the car did not blow up... Its together and running fine... No... I am not going to say what it made on the dyno either... not my place to.

I dont know where you think you got your information from.... but the car did not blow up... Its together and running fine... No... I am not going to say what it made on the dyno either... not my place to.
I'm pretty sure that was his guess John and not a fact he was putting out.

Discussion starter · #671 · (Edited)
Sorry to keep everyone waiting. First off I want to thank London Chassis Dyno for all the hard work, MMR for building one he'll of an engine, FI and LJMS for providing one of the baddest turbos available and of course the wife for putting up with the bullshit. We did get tuned by Steve Petty and the man is an absolute genius on BS3 idle, drivability, coming up on the T brake and making boost are perfect. So first pull we made as a baseline to backup what we seen on the chassis dyno and the car made 960 @ 7.1 psi peak and leveled out at 6 psi on the dyno jet. As we tried to put more boost on it we seen that the curve was looking very strange and overall was loosing power in the end we tried 6, 8, 11 and 18 psi and made the most power on the dyno at 8 psi which made 1031 on the tire. 11 and 18 psi made 995 and 998. Never turned it up higher than that as there was no point. Unfortunately the car was blowing through the converter just a bit too loose. So no big #s on this one. We are taking the car to the track this weekend to see how the converter will do. Really good chance it will be perfect for the track. The ET will prove everything after all the dyno is just a tool to get your tune right and I have never seen a tight converter that makes good #s on the dyno worth a shit on the track. Pettys personal opinion was that it was the most powerful mod motor he has tuned and that it is easily making 1400+. Just not gonna see it on the dyno. Depending on how it does this weekend we May send the converter back to Lenny at ultimate and have it tightened up and afterwards may consider revisiting the dyno. Thank you to everyone that has followed us through this build and stay tuned we may still surprise you.

Discussion starter · #677 · (Edited)
Well we made some great passes tonight really fun to get used to driving it, as we anticipated the converter is perfect for the track. We never put any real power in the car tonite, made all our passes on 10# or less just to shake everything down and for me to get used to all the steps of launching the car. Never made it past 7k before shifting. Track prep was minimal and the 275 tire is tuff but man is it fast. 122 mph on a 2.0+ 60ft 1/8 mile.... lol We have a few things to fix, we have a front strange strut with a stuck adjuster, need slicks, and need a good track that will allow for some power to be put in.

Why slicks? Plenty of high power cars getting it done on a 275dr!

I can't wait to see what it does on a full pass!!! Good luck bud.

661 - 680 of 704 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.