Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have issues with the fords electric power steering. I'm getting "power steering assist faults " and advance track faults" . I'v searched it and it seems to be a common issue. Why no recalls? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
by chance have you replaced the battery in the car at any point? The chevrolet HHR had the same issue and was related to replacing battery and fuses burning up due to that iirc. think it was just a matter of replacing them.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I left ford dealership in 2013. we were seeing problems with them back then. the steering module is part of the rack, when the module goes bad the entire rack has to be replaced and programmed to the vehicle. the rack was over a grand plus labor at warranty cost. not sure what customer price will be. wont be cheap, gonna need an alignment also. if warranty is expired, I would call ford and raise hell about it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I left ford dealership in 2013. we were seeing problems with them back then. the steering module is part of the rack, when the module goes bad the entire rack has to be replaced and programmed to the vehicle. the rack was over a grand plus labor at warranty cost. not sure what customer price will be. wont be cheap, gonna need an alignment also. if warranty is expired, I would call ford and raise hell about it.
i looked into an audi rack and it was a similar deal...guy sold the car rather than deal with it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it's out of warranty 42k. As much as I'v read about this being a problem how come no recall. It's not like the old ps when it's not working its really tuff to steer, wife can't drive it. If this where to go out at wrong time I think it's a major safety issue!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
call fords 800 customer service number. if handled correctly you can get ford and the dealer to pay a good portion of the repair. its called after warranty adjustment or goodwill. the dealers know it as P18 money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My wife's 2011 Fusion had the power steering going out as well as my sister's 2012. We've owned ours since new and had a few other problems with it. When the dealer quoted us $1500+ for the rack I freaked and they used the "goodwill" that was talked about to knock it down. My sister and her husband were quoted almost $2000 a month ago and they decided to trade it in on a Jeep. There is definitely a problem with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts