Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to start a new thread because the last one was getting hard to navigate and find the 'NEWS'...

Our THOMPSON RACEWAY PARK Schedule is
MAY 21
JUNE 18
JULY 3
JULY 23
SEPT 17
Our QUAKER CITY MOTORSPORTS PARK 'Bonus Event' is
AUGUST 27

Street Lethal Performance OUTLAW LIMITED STREET is really beginning to grow momentum, we are getting ALOT of talk and new racers [guys that don't post] looking at racing with us.

The 8.90 Series Championship is shaping up nicely with a great set of prizes and cash, STAY TUNED for some BIG NEWS.

10.50 guys don't feel like your left out, we just landed you a SWEET PRIZE just for racing with us, more announcements coming.

WE ARE STILL SEARCHING AND NEEDING A FEW SPONSORS FOR THE SEASON OR EVEN AN EVENT OR TWO. IF YOU KNOW OF A COMPANY LOOKING FOR SOME GREAT EXPOSURE SEND THEM OUR WAY. We are trying to finalize our sponsorships soon so that we can get all the names on our t-shirts, flyers and promotional items.

AUTO-RAMA is coming up and we have a GIANT DISPLAY AREA thanks to Jim Curtis. We'll have our display set-up and there will be cars from all 3 classes represented.

If you haven't been to www.RENEGADERACINGASSOCIATION.com lately you should go, Ray has been busy with updates. RACERS, if you have video you'd like to add to our site just submit to RAY.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Can we keep this thread about the racing n news ?not about a bunch of b/s ,if i was an outsider n read the other threads i would of thought to myself what a bunch of whinny bitches.just my 2cents

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TOM HYATT talked to John Sheridan [IHRA] last night and he told TOM he could do it at Thompson in April. If he gets 8-12 cars its 75$ plus 25$ show up fee, any more than 12 cars its only 75$ IHRA certs.are for cars 9.00 and quicker cars slower than that certs are not mandatory.Let us know you you can choose from Norwalk at 150$ or Thompson for 75$ its all up to you guys.John also said he could put it on the IHRA web site so it would almost guarantee the 75$ fee.

PLEASE CONTACT TOM HYATT TO BE ON THE LIST.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave Morgan’s Seminar and Workshop is coming to Akron on March 5-6

Bob Ortman wanted to do something to help his drag racing friends and thought that hosting one of Dave Morgan’s seminars would be a good way to do this. “I’ll bet people have been screaming to get Dave here,” Bob said. “And I’ve found out there is a lot of interest in the seminar. Finally, drag racers in northeastern Ohio will have access to Dave’s experience and I’m very glad to be a part of it.”
Giving a seminar in Akron is like coming home,” Morgan said. “As a former employee of IHRA and a former sponsor at Norwalk Raceway Park, I’ve got a lot of friends here and some great memories. I like the attitude that northeastern Ohio racers have and the approach they bring to their racecar preparation. I expect great questions at this particular seminar.”
The first day of the event is the seminar. This will be an intensive learning experience so racers are advised to get plenty of rest before attending. It will last all day long. New to 2011 is the presentation format, which will feature twin screens, one for an overhead projector and one for a power-point projector. Students will also receive a workbook for the seminar.
The second day is the workshop, where racers will be invited to bring their cars for hands-on work. The projects normally include: checking rear axle alignment; taking corner weights; locating the center of gravity height; mapping instant centers on four-links and bumpsteering frontends. “Occasionally, a racer will simply like his car inspected.” Morgan said. “Sometimes a guy simply wants to have his new car looked at before he races it. Other times, a fellow may want help in determining why his 60-foot times are so lame. In any case, students are always invited to bring videos, data logger files, or their logbook, so I can review that with them on Sunday.”

You can register online as well as read past testimonials, check out the course outline and even take a self-test. Just go to www.davemorganseminars.com. You can also register by calling Dave on his cell phone, which is 567/242-9779. Cost of the event is $85/day. Attendance at the workshop is not mandatory, so if you only want the lecture, you can register for the first day only. If you do want to attend the workshop, attendance at the seminar is mandatory, unless you are a previous student

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Thanks Tom!:cool:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Can we keep this thread about the racing n news ?not about a bunch of b/s ,if i was an outsider n read the other threads i would of thought to myself what a bunch of whinny bitches.just my 2cents
Amen!!! Would be nice to direct a potential sponsor to an "all" business thread.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Guys, also keep Chris Klink in your thought and prayers, he going to need them due to his pending medical proceedures related to his cancer.
thanks tom im doing good sofar (nock on wood lol!) with my treatment getting a little weak with it but hanging in there. i will see everyone at the race track this year hell our high water lol!

·
Registered
698 Posts
thanks tom im doing good sofar (nock on wood lol!) with my treatment getting a little weak with it but hanging in there. i will see everyone at the race track this year hell our high water lol!
yea better be hey chris i thought i seen the light on at your house so i stopped by worked on few things hope you did not mind LOL;)

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
WE ARE STILL SEARCHING AND NEEDING A FEW SPONSORS FOR THE SEASON OR EVEN AN EVENT OR TWO. IF YOU KNOW OF A COMPANY LOOKING FOR SOME GREAT EXPOSURE SEND THEM OUR WAY. We are trying to finalize our sponsorships .
guys we all really need to dig deep and atleast try to bring something to the table. we take it for granted that we will be able to sit back and just show up and race. well tom really bust his ass, and spends alot of time trying to pull sponsors so this renegade gig happens, and we have a place to race. well it looks like he is asking for our help on this. so please atleast try and grab a sponsor even if its for only one race. like paul suloff said at our meeting we all know people in the auto industry. if your afraid to ask them but you think they might contribute contact tom or myself and we will contact them it dont hurt to ask! (do your part for the association) so we are not ass out like chaos!

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
hey tom, got a flyer in the mail about jegs doing a racer discount/contingency program. since your like the main person here maybe give them a call and see what they can do. would be interesting for them to do this in summits backyard. plus this could be just for the renegade series and not the actual track to avoid conflict.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey tom, got a flyer in the mail about jegs doing a racer discount/contingency program. since your like the main person here maybe give them a call and see what they can do. would be interesting for them to do this in summits backyard. plus this could be just for the renegade series and not the actual track to avoid conflict.
I have a really good contact at jeg's and we've discussed a few things for down the road if we can have a good 2011.

Ohio has alot of great automotive type companies that could benefit from the additional exposure we can provide, it just takes a contact to start the relationship. We don't focus on just automotive type either, everybody can use added exposure.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Lets make sure we support the ones we already have. Sign up for the Wright Tool deal.

x100! i did and its a great deal. its better than the shit they sell at harbor freight and if you are buying at the freight, well,,,,no comment!

·
Registered
22,292 Posts
Chris,

We better see you at the race track the Mustang will look good Silver this year.:):):)I hope you get well quick i need a roll bar in my car you know.;););)Take care of yourself maybe i'll try to give you a call on Monday and let us know how you're doing if you're up to it.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Chris,

We better see you at the race track the Mustang will look good Silver this year.:):):)I hope you get well quick i need a roll bar in my car you know.;););)Take care of yourself maybe i'll try to give you a call on Monday and let us know how you're doing if you're up to it.

Later Mark.
I plain on it i cant wait to see the car in paint sometime soon i hope. Dont you worry about that rollbar ill get it handled for you you know that.

chris

1 - 20 of 260 Posts