Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a used 2011 F-350 super duty DRW with the 6.7 diesel. Never had a ford diesel or dually. Any thing I should look for be aware of? Are they reliable and well built. It's got 140,000 on it but looks well maintained. Runs and drives very good. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Check with Ford on its history. The first few years of the 6.7 were dropping valves. But my guess is with 140k on it, it's already been done or it's a good one.

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
We have many of these pickups and the only issue we have had is tearing off the front air dams.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
where does that opinion come from? do you work on them?

i have never heard of a common radiator or fuel issue?
Radiators are rather common.

I don't sweat the small stuff.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Radiators tend to fail in them, fuel system is a big problem in those too.
Radiators are rather common.

I don't sweat the small stuff.
i believe they are on 6.4's.....but i didn't know about any on the 6.7's

and the 6.4 problem was due to an upper hose issue, once a leak developed and air got into the system it was the bubbles that hammered the front cover and the radiator. Owners that didn't address the leaking hose and kept driving on it caused the problem to get worse.

·
Registered
257 Posts
We have five in our fleet. They vary in years from 2011 to 2014. All have had radiators replaced. They will start smelling of antifreeze but you will not see it hit the ground. It is normally the tank right over the driver side frame rail. That being said we run them non stop and the heaviest is an f450 that scales at 14,200lbs with an auto crane on it. It has also been through two radiators and the others only ate one each. We also lost the turbo at 80k. That could can happen to any brand running them like we do. All in all they have been durable trucks but they do have a radiator issue for sure.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I'll be sure to check out the radiator issue. They want 32,500 for it. It is very clean inside and out. Fully loaded lariat

·
Message In Blood
2,025 Posts

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Message In Blood
2,025 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought it was a good deal considering book value is well north of that! But I may be wrong. I'm just ignorant when it comes to fords. All I've had is dodges (gas) and Chevy (duramax)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts