Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep have problems with regeneration and also keep getting a code "particulate trap outlet" something like that.What to look for?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Some of them have a replacement cartridge type thing in the exhaust. Some are part of the muffler. Sounds like it needs replacing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Like Kevin said...bad year! Just google 2008 Cummins and see what comes up...
Best thing to do is send the ECM to PDI and get ALL the emissions crap turned off.

·
JACKASS
5,085 Posts
Best thing to do is send the ECM to PDI and get ALL the emissions crap turned off.
Do not delete the emissions!!!!
Cant go to Cali, cant trade it in, cant resell it legally.
Take it to a Cummins shop and get it fixed.
Prob just needs to be cleaned, how many miles are on it?
Have you had a EGR cooler fail?
DPF prob just needs to be cleaned, Cummins says clean them at 200K
Let me know, I can help you with this, PM me if needed.
You need to hook to it with Insite and get the codes, not the ones in the dash.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,632 Posts
Do not delete the emissions!!!!
Cant go to Cali, cant trade it in, cant resell it legally.
Take it to a Cummins shop and get it fixed.
Prob just needs to be cleaned, how many miles are on it?
Have you had a EGR cooler fail?
DPF prob just needs to be cleaned, Cummins says clean them at 200K
Let me know, I can help you with this, PM me if needed.
You need to hook to it with Insite and get the codes, not the ones in the dash.
I'VE GOT INSITE.....HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THIS SOFTWARE?

·
Registered
227 Posts
well i know when we send out our dpf filters to get baked its 125$. but on the older trucks they have been cracked on the inside and and its 2000$ new with a 1200 core i believe. there is a dpf outlet sensor pretty common to fail.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,632 Posts
Enough to phuck a truck up, but I work at a Cummins distributor, I got 4 guys that know it like the back of their hand.
I just shuffle papers.
What do you need?
I WAS LOOKING FOR A LITTLE INSITE :).....TRICKS..TIPS...DO'S AND DON'TS...ALWAYS INTERESTED IN A LITTLE TECH SUPPORT....

·
JACKASS
5,085 Posts
I WAS LOOKING FOR A LITTLE INSITE :).....TRICKS..TIPS...DO'S AND DON'TS...ALWAYS INTERESTED IN A LITTLE TECH SUPPORT....
Really aint no tricks or tips, its pretty much just a diag tool.
You can change some of the settings in the ECM, like HP, and torque, but you have to have the double naught spy version, they dont normally sell that to customers.
You still using 7.6 or have you gone to 8.0 yet?

·
Registered
750 Posts
We can do a Cummins regen delete tune in the ecm, egr delete, and particulate filter delete that is pretty easy to revert back when you want to sell it and cali cant tell its been done unless the have Cummins Insite to hook into your ecm. From looking at the engine and exhaust it is VERY difficult to tell it has all been deleted, and it is very easy to revert back to all of the emission settings without having to buy a new particulate filter.

·
JACKASS
5,085 Posts
We can do a Cummins regen delete tune in the ecm, egr delete, and particulate filter delete that is pretty easy to revert back when you want to sell it and cali cant tell its been done unless the have Cummins Insite to hook into your ecm. From looking at the engine and exhaust it is VERY difficult to tell it has all been deleted, and it is very easy to revert back to all of the emission settings without having to buy a new particulate filter.
What are you doing to the DPF?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
PDI or Pittsburgh Power will help. The only way to have one of them is as a glider, unless ya run Cal.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts