Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Aviation Section
26,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have an 04 that I DD; 96K now, bought with 59K. Be prepared to replace every suspension bushing and motor mounts; Whiteline makes good suspension parts FWIW. The two-piece driveshaft will need rebuilt/replaced due to the carrier bearing. The seat stitching will likely need attention as well. Fun car but has some weird quirks, feel free to ask anything.
Thanks Jesse!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I don’t know anything about the car but I bought a 2012 IO ZR1 with 1,200 miles from them and a friend of mine bought a 2007 Saleen from them. The cars were exactly as advertised but would not budge much on the pricing.

·
Registered
19,772 Posts
Go to the GTO Forums, There were problems with the front ends and tire wear in the earlier years.
My sister has a 2006 GTO bought used 30 K miles, Brother in Law is a Pontiac Junkie. He has a 1964 or so GTO 389 with the 6 pack.
I don't think He talked Her into buying one. DUH
They both go to car shows, must have got tired of driving together in the same car.
Their together going on 30+ years.
nice family story.....what about the 2006 GTO ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I saw someone mention heavy... They might have been a little heavy in 04 @ almost 3800#s. Not heavy by todays standards. They are hard to fit a tire with out some fender mods. My stitching hasnt had issues, but I clean and condition the leather every 6 months... I have my wheels powder coated bronze now. This car is using Pedders XA coil overs. Those are C5Z wheels, 17x9.5 front 18x10.5 rear...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I saw someone mention heavy... They might have been a little heavy in 04 @ almost 3800#s. Not heavy by todays standards. They are hard to fit a tire with out some fender mods. My stitching hasnt had issues, but I clean and condition the leather every 6 months... I have my wheels powder coated bronze now. This car is using Pedders XA coil overs. Those are C5Z wheels, 17x9.5 front 18x10.5 rear... View attachment 255315

·
Aviation Section
26,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Have you considered a G8 GXP?
I did not as I don't want a "more door"! Actually a homeboy from nearby my hometown of Rochester called and suggested it to me, he used to be on here quite a bit
and it was good to talk to him again! You might remember him holding up a sign at the track for another member saying "Pay Up Bitch"! I miss him here along with
One Slow, Dutchman, Z-28 and Banger among others! Dave

Reactions: crazees#2

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Dang that’s $8k more than I paid for mine new. They’re nothing to look at but V8, IRS and a great interior, especially the seats are what the draw is.

I had an issue with the locks and that was it. If you use the rear seats it’s a bummer because the passenger seat is a power slider so you will get soaked if it’s raining and someone needs to get in the back. The 06 does have a quicker motor but it’s still way slower than manually folding the seat forward and sliding it manually up out of the way.

The trunk is almost unusable because of configuring it for crash standards in the U.S.

Not much I can complain about but I only kept it for 3 years.

·
Age of Acquiescence
32,073 Posts
60K on my cousins 06 GTO m6
Owned since new

As prior stated, front susepension early issues
Rack n Pinion shot by the time it hit 50,000 ish
A list of other things swapped as needed

Alot of issues sourcing some parts for a 3 year Australian design of a Cavalier on steroids rebadged into a Pontiac. Best part about the car was the drivetrain, and the very plush seats

30K for this car is ....excuse my opinion, but thats insane. I would buy the G8 sedan with 2 tone all day before a V8 Cavalier

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I did not as I don't want a "more door"! Actually a homeboy from nearby my hometown of Rochester called and suggested it to me, he used to be on here quite a bit
and it was good to talk to him again! You might remember him holding up a sign at the track for another member saying "Pay Up Bitch"! I miss him here along with
One Slow, Dutchman, Z-28 and Banger among others! Dave
Was it a short call Dave?

·
Aviation Section
26,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Was it a short call Dave?
I seen what you did there and no, we actually talked awhile until I had to go as I had a crowd at the office door. Promised I would call back tonight. Dave

Reactions: 70grnova

·
Aviation Section
26,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
60K on my cousins 06 GTO m6
Owned since new

As prior stated, front susepension early issues
Rack n Pinion shot by the time it hit 50,000 ish
A list of other things swapped as needed

Alot of issues sourcing some parts for a 3 year Australian design of a Cavalier on steroids rebadged into a Pontiac. Best part about the car was the drivetrain, and the very plush seats

30K for this car is ....excuse my opinion, but thats insane. I would buy the G8 sedan with 2 tone all day before a V8 Cavalier
I am at $22,500 right now, my second offer and they declined but at least we are still talking, we will see. Dave

·
Aviation Section
26,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Dang that’s $8k more than I paid for mine new. They’re nothing to look at but V8, IRS and a great interior, especially the seats are what the draw is.

I had an issue with the locks and that was it. If you use the rear seats it’s a bummer because the passenger seat is a power slider so you will get soaked if it’s raining and someone needs to get in the back. The 06 does have a quicker motor but it’s still way slower than manually folding the seat forward and sliding it manually up out of the way.

The trunk is almost unusable because of configuring it for crash standards in the U.S.

Not much I can complain about but I only kept it for 3 years.
I had read they were $33K new with these two options back in the day, you must have gotten a great deal on yours!

·
Age of Acquiescence
32,073 Posts
I have not watched, but the overwhelming thumbs up tells me it may help u on what to look for

·
Aviation Section
26,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I have not watched, but the overwhelming thumbs up tells me it may help u on what to look for

Thanks Ace, it is appreciated! Dave

Reactions: Aceshigh

·
Registered
39,540 Posts
How much WS6 does $31000 buy?
Plenty but the Holden/GTO is a hell of a lot better car than a TransAm, by far. Just not as badass looking.

What kept the late-model GTO from selling is that it just didn't have the looks, flavor and sex of the original GTO and it never really caught on because of the bland styling inside and out. The 6.0 engine in 2005 helped but not enough. The interior is a bit cheapass looking but so is the one in my $85,000 Redeye, so oh well.

I wouldn't pay original MSRP for one 15 years later but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
What about a Gen II CTS-V? There's no way I'd pay $30k plus for a GTO.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts