Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Aviation Section
26,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bidding on a 2006 Pontiac GTO, LS2, 6 speed, 18" wheels with 18K original miles. Car is on Ebay and I already have made two
offers, both were declined. They are asking $31K and it is in Hickory N.C.

I have never even sat in one of these. They imported them for only 3 years and rebadged them as Pontiac GTO cars, the last being the 2006 model.
Only two options were available, the 6 speed and the 18" wheels, this car has both.

Let me know what everyone here knows about these cars, pro or con.

Thanks in advance. Dave

Reactions: lazarus66

·
Western North Carolina
24,201 Posts
They are good cars. Shoot me the vin and i can tell you about its warranty history and were it was originall delivered..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Go to the GTO Forums, There were problems with the front ends and tire wear in the earlier years.
My sister has a 2006 GTO bought used 30 K miles, Brother in Law is a Pontiac Junkie. He has a 1964 or so GTO 389 with the 6 pack.
I don't think He talked Her into buying one. DUH
They both go to car shows, must have got tired of driving together in the same car.
Their together going on 30+ years.

·
Western North Carolina
24,201 Posts
I am bidding on a 2006 Pontiac GTO, LS2, 6 speed, 18" wheels with 18K original miles. Car is on Ebay and I already have made two
offers, both were declined. They are asking $31K and it is in Hickory N.C.

I have never even sat in one of these. They imported them for only 3 years and rebadged them as Pontiac GTO cars, the last being the 2006 model.
Only two options were available, the 6 speed and the 18" wheels, this car has both.

Let me know what everyone here knows about these cars, pro or con.

Thanks in advance. Dave
Is it gray?I saw it on ebay. Good looking car.

·
Aviation Section
26,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are good cars. Shoot me the vin and i can tell you about its warranty history and were it was originall delivered..
Thanks!
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):6G2VX12U46L516206

eBay item number:

·
Aviation Section
26,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it gray?I saw it on ebay. Good looking car.
Yes, I just posted the V.I.N. and Ebay item #, thanks for the help! Dave

·
Western North Carolina
24,201 Posts
Thanks!
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):6G2VX12U46L516206

eBay item number:
That car was delivered to fitzgerald buick gmc in maryland. Thats where it was pdi was done.[predelivery inspection].
Was dealer traded and sold at Farrish buick ;pontiac/olds in fairfax VA. 3/11/2006. Warranty history is clean. just the pdi done. no major or minor repairs done to it.

·
Satans Daddy
17,328 Posts
Everyone we've had in the shop had suspension issues and took a while to get parts. It has been a few years since we had one in so the availability of parts may have changed.

Reactions: Aceshigh

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
I'd rather throw $31k at an '01 GTP than a '06 GTO. Your dough, though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a 04. I have had it scince 18k and about 13 years now. It isnt my daily, but does get driven. The suspension can have issues.. Rear factory springs can have some sag, the radius rod bushes can get soft easy, along with the "lack of camber plate" or the bushing they put at the top ofthe strut tower... I personally think they could have done better with the suspension design... I however have replaced all bushings, and have coil over front and rear... I have most of my suspension modified, so I can't speak for stock longevity. The front and back seats are plenty roomy. I am 6ft. 250lbs. I fit in the back great. Well, once back there. Trunk is silly small, as we get a gas tank back there. I like my GTO overall. I do plan to redo my strut tops to some camaro bolt in units...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Friend had one back about 10 years ago. He did a lot of work to it and it hauled ass. Motor seemed reliable. But it had every problem imaginable with interior, suspension and fit and finish. I didn't want to think of it as a POS, but I was convinced by seeing it with my own two eyes. 31K? No way, not for me.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Just looked at a few online and holy shit is the price up on those things! Just a personal opinion, they drive or ride kinda funny feeling. To me anyway. They have that old GM G-body ride to them. It feels like you sit up high in them and they feel like they have a high C.O.G.

Just an FYI there's a couple on autotrader (I think that's where I was) with less than 10k for about the same money. 30K ish. Seems really steep to me.

·
Western North Carolina
24,201 Posts
Those cars got a raw deal when they first came out. They hit the lot right as gas was going up.We had 6 o the lot and they sat for a while.

·
Aviation Section
26,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That car was delivered to fitzgerald buick gmc in maryland. Thats where it was pdi was done.[predelivery inspection].
Was dealer traded and sold at Farrish buick ;pontiac/olds in fairfax VA. 3/11/2006. Warranty history is clean. just the pdi done. no major or minor repairs done to it.
Thanks Jason, I have bid twice on it, was declined both times, the last bid was for $22,500 from me. They have called and emailed several times so we are still talking. Dave

·
Aviation Section
26,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heavy, cant fit a tire, outdated IRS, plastic 2000s chevy interior
I was also looking at Camaro SLP cars and have downloaded and studied quite a bit about them. Most of the ones that I have looked at had the LS1 (350) in them.
Really want a daily driver, will not be racing it but there is a company in Aussie land that makes a lot of suspension parts for them and they don't mind exporting to the States.
The people that I have read about on the Internet that have used their parts love them and they are not that expensive.

Pedders

·
Aviation Section
26,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the replies, please keep them coming! Dave

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Pedders been around for a long time. Good stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have an 04 that I DD; 96K now, bought with 59K. Be prepared to replace every suspension bushing and motor mounts; Whiteline makes good suspension parts FWIW. The two-piece driveshaft will need rebuilt/replaced due to the carrier bearing. The seat stitching will likely need attention as well. Fun car but has some weird quirks, feel free to ask anything.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts