Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Chris Baxter:
Here is the link for the 2006 rules. We are off to SEMA now working on more sponsor dollars for the events and points fund. All classes will get an increase in purse. We are still working on the new class. Motorcycles will most likley follow the rules from Race Warz. No change in Outlaw, just a couple in All Motor and DOOR CARS ONLY in Run What Ya Brung. The way it is looking the series will be ALL DOOR CARS AND ALL HEADS-UP!!!

http://www.milandragway.com/2006/News/102905.htm

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I notice no forward facing scoops allowed anymore. Weren't there a few cars running them this past season.......the red stang' notch & Lane??

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looks like the ALL Motor class would be your drag radial class.

Looking at the All Motor rules, could someone run a FWD conversion car (grand am, sunfire, CUTLASS) with mini tubs and ladder bars? :shock:

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Chris it says they are still working on the new class. Threw a bone to the small blocks, wtf does that mean? I remember a smallblock guy wanting 2800lbs for race warz :smt005 I would have like to see them go a full 100lbs each way instead of 50 but what are ya gonna do. I like the no hood scoop rule keep it looking street 8)

I'll take my bone and go sit in the stands now :-D

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
85Camaro said:
Chris it says they are still working on the new class. Threw a bone to the small blocks, wtf does that mean?
It means the rules should be 2900 3400..... so to appease everyone, he just gave 50, and took 50.... better than nothing. Just a bone.

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Mike Bruns said:
Looks like the ALL Motor class would be your drag radial class.

Looking at the All Motor rules, could someone run a FWD conversion car (grand am, sunfire, CUTLASS) with mini tubs and ladder bars? :shock:
Looks like it Mike.... I'm thinking Cavalier, Comp style.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
85Camaro said:
Chris it says they are still working on the new class. Threw a bone to the small blocks, wtf does that mean?
It means the rules should be 2900 3400..... so to appease everyone, he just gave 50, and took 50.... better than nothing. Just a bone.
:wink: I see, and you are correct better than nothing.

It will be an interesting year that is for sure I think all motor is going to be the class to watch

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
2900-3400

Thats right from either perspective IMO would be fair but who am I??? If a 600+ inch car cant run below 8.70 shame on you,,also a small block @ 2900 would be right. I cant see many small blocks running that quick I only know of a couple as of now. WHY should someone work their ass of on a certian combo and get penalized for it when winning??? thats bullshit!!!lots of people say they race for the fun of it,,,but the money is nice once in a while.Lets see I believe the only race when NO1 raced NO2 was Darren Mag and myself. So why should the winning car get penalized even if he only runs 9'0 or something ???? lots of nine second passes won final rounds this year. WHO in the hell came up with that rule???what if you get beat on a holeshot and actually run quicker than your opponent,,,thats ok he'll take the first weight check mark. STUPID!!! sorry for rambling on.. BBC Butch

·
Registered
562 Posts
Have they ( Milan ) reconsidered the midnight, curfew because this look's like it's going to be bigger and better. :smt115

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
STEFF said:
Per Chris Baxter:
Here is the link for the 2006 rules. We are off to SEMA now working on more sponsor dollars for the events and points fund. All classes will get an increase in purse. We are still working on the new class. Motorcycles will most likley follow the rules from Race Warz. No change in Outlaw, just a couple in All Motor and DOOR CARS ONLY in Run What Ya Brung. The way it is looking the series will be ALL DOOR CARS AND ALL HEADS-UP!!!
Looks closer to me 10.5" Outlaw

.400 Pro Tree – 16 Car Qualified Field

Slicks 10.5 Designation - MAX 12" Tread Width

3,000# Base Weight

Back Half Cars Only - No Full Round or Square Tube Chassis

ADD100#’s - Twin Turbo

Deduct 100#'s - Big Block with Nitrous
Deduct 550#’s - Small Block with Nitrous

Must use Mufflers

MUST MEET ALL IHRA RULES INCLUDING LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION

ttp://www.milandragway.com/2006/News/102905.htm

1 - 20 of 111 Posts