Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Turbo 481X
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my friend has a 2006 ford f350 6.0 powerstroke with 51k on it and wants a chip that would not hurt it. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
17,918 Posts
He better leave it stock then!

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
I have a Hypertech and have put over 40k miles on it with the chip on stage 2 or 3, even when towing and have never had an issue.

Get 21-22 on the highway pulling an open trailer and 14-17 pulling a 44ft fifth wheel. Unloaded, I have seen a best of 25mpg on the highway. It's 100%, with just the programmer

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I like my Edge

·
Registered
18 Posts
A lot of people like the sct with custom tunes. Plus sct programs the transmission
too. but I would leave it stock. IMO

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
A friend of mine has a 06 f250 with the sct chip in it. But he had to get head studs and a whole bunch of other stuff because it kept breaking.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,133 Posts
THEY DIE WITHOUT TUNES

·
asshole
4,146 Posts
take it to don burton... tell him what you want out of it and he can handle it

·
On the roller...
15,869 Posts
I have a Hypertech and have put over 40k miles on it with the chip on stage 2 or 3, even when towing and have never had an issue.

Get 21-22 on the highway pulling an open trailer and 14-17 pulling a 44ft fifth wheel. Unloaded, I have seen a best of 25mpg on the highway. It's 100%, with just the programmer
What size tires are you running and how fast do you drive? What gears do you have? I'm seriously curious...

·
25,123 Posts
What size tires are you running and how fast do you drive? What gears do you have? I'm seriously curious...
275/70/18, the factory 4x4 tires. It's a two wheel drive, long bed, super crew. Towing, i stay right around 60-65... 55, if the police are around. without a trailer behind me, 70-75. i have no idea what gears are in it, whatever are factory.

·
25,123 Posts
Matt,

keep in mind, these are the best I have seen. I know when Rigby took the truck/railer to Ga towing two cars in the trailer, the truck got 11-13mpg average

1 - 20 of 28 Posts