Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best performance module for this truck? It's a 6.6 Duramax LBY motor..

Been looking at the:
Edge Products
BullyDog
HyperTech
Predator Series

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Out of that list the edge with attitude. But I would suggest going to the Diesel Place. Be careful or you'll start spending more on the tow vehicle than the race car. Some of the drag racing and pulling clips are cool. Even if you have a GM, or Dodge................back to the lurking

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/index.php

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these programmers or modules harsh on the engine even if set at low settings (40Hp-70Hp???)

·
Registered
275 Posts
40-70 horse won't hurt anything, but 90+ horse on a LB7 and the allison needs a little more clutch pressure and a better converter.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seen the Edge one done on Truckin' USA or something like that.. Very cool stuff but wanted to know what the best one is and how harsh is it on the motor/tranny/rear..

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a Duramaximizer on my truck. It's an 04 3500, 2WD. It flat out rocks, tons of power and very nice with the stock trans. We also have a Bullydog on an 05 4WD 2500 and it is very nice too.

Unfortunately my truck puts ass on pretty much anything. A friend of mine happened to want a piece with his F350 Powerstroke. It wasn't even close.

As far as towing goes, the module is awesome. We long haul all over the place with a trailer about the size of yours Monty and I can't even feel the damn thing. Fuel mileage we get about 10 to 13 MPG fully loaded. I get 28 MPG freeway on setting 2 and 18 MPG on setting 1. The truck has also done it's fair share towing a 53' GN with no issues.

As far as trans work goes, just get the upgraded Bullydog trans and call it good. The new DMax's in the pipeline are rumored to have a new 6 speed Allison coming with them.

If you want we can do burnouts in the pits and Milan and see if I can get the truck tossed out. :-D

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Hey Monty my buddy has a 2004 crew cab 4x4 he put the cold air kit and the exhaust with the hyper teck and the thing went from high 18's to 15 flat and spinning the thing's a monster will light the tires up on will, we went to the track to test it out and put 55 passes on it in a day he uses it to plow and pull a 38 foot enclosed with the car and four wheeler and the think still hauls ass coming back from milan loaded he had it up to 170 km that's about 95 mph and it still had lots left, great milage even better then stock and no trouble at all , and it doesn't blow black smoke like some kit's do, and some kit's are very hard on the injector's I think it's the bully dog or the edge not sure, if you can't get the car done you can race the truck trust me you'll be like a kid with a new toy

·
Registered
811 Posts
We need to see if Milan can put on a Diesel drag night. I'll get the bigger down pipe, larger turbo, propane and stick some nitrous in there too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Monty on my previous truck, 99 Dodge Cummins I had all the tricks done to it. Aftermarket Torque Converter, Transmission, a Dragrace fueling box(120 horse), turbo stuff, the list goes on. Had way too much money in it and traded it in on a new 2004. Some lucky buyer at the used lot got a mean machine and has no idea!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
we have an 02 duramax, extended cab, 8ft bed with the quadzilla, cold air kit and exhaust. it's in the 13's letting out....gotta get that damn converter.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MMMmmmm boobies...

Thanks for the relies guys..

Zeke what setting do you guys tow with?

Derty the 70 HP setting gets better gas mileage then the 40 HP setting?? Do you drive it on that setting all the time??

Chris, Im looking to spend less than $1,000 on everything.. LOL toss the motor..

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yes, it does and yes I do except for street driving. It'll give you some whiplash as it firms up the snap in the shifts. Otherwise it works great.

If you think about the way it works, it does make more power. However, they are playing with injector pulse rates and durations to make the power. As a result they may find a setting that makes up for better fuel economy. However, GM wouldn't do this because the setting would fall well over the factory limits on emissions.

I never use setting three as I don't have a EGT gage yet and also I want to put the bigger down pipe with the Jake brake in there. That should help keep the temps in check.

Look me up at Milan and I'll let you abuse it a bit.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts