Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Edit: didn't see that you also swapped the cams out for the "cobra" cams. How much of a gain do guys normally see for that? It's an OEM cam so I wouldn't think it would be a whole lot different than the ones in your car, and possibly more geared towards top end power (maybe sacrificing some of the midrange you need in a 4200lb land yacht)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Edit: didn't see that you also swapped the cams out for the "cobra" cams. How much of a gain do guys normally see for that? It's an OEM cam so I wouldn't think it would be a whole lot different than the ones in your car, and possibly more geared towards top end power (maybe sacrificing some of the midrange you need in a 4200lb land yacht)?
Yes .5 compression, the cams are 14 degrees larger. Guys typicly pick up 25 rwhp when installed and advanced. And when advanced the cams gove up no measurable torque. The biggest gain should be from the converter. Guys with the same setup as me, minus the cams and compression, go 13.2.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes .5 compression, the cams are 14 degrees larger. Guys typicly pick up 25 rwhp when installed and advanced. And when advanced the cams gove up no measurable torque. The biggest gain should be from the converter. Guys with the same setup as me, minus the cams and compression, go 13.2.
Damn, if that's what guys run with the similar mods then I get what you're saying that something is wrong.

I know with the original mods you had, 14.2 seemed like a good E/T considering those cars only ran like mid to low 15's stock. It just seems like a lot to pick up a full second from only 25rwhp and a converter, but I figured you'd at least pick up .5, so something is still off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Damn, if that's what guys run with the similar mods then I get what you're saying that something is wrong.

I know with the original mods you had, 14.2 seemed like a good E/T considering those cars only ran like mid to low 15's stock. It just seems like a lot to pick up a full second from only 25rwhp and a converter, but I figured you'd at least pick up .5, so something is still off.

Well I've found the problem. Compression test shows all cylinders at 175-185 compression. Except 5 and 6. Those cylinders are at 130 psi. Add oil and they went to 135-140 psi.

Ran a leakdown test and with 100 paid they only held 40 psi. 60% leakage and Its hard to tell where it's going. I dont hear it out of the intake, the headers, I dont see any bubbles in the cooling system or hear it from the oil cap or dipstick. Just seems to be going into the engine and getting lost.

Beyond pissed off.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts