Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good price for a 2003 Chevy 2500 4X4 with a duramax. The truck I'm looking at is a 03 with a duramax, 106,000 extended cab eight foot bed, 4x4 the guys asking $12,500 here's the thing, diesel in the oil. Sounds like a injector, right? What's a good price to pay for this thing? Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
What is a good price for a 2003 Chevy 2500 4X4 with a duramax. The truck I'm looking at is a 03 with a duramax, 106,000 extended cab eight foot bed, 4x4 the guys asking $12,500 here's the thing, diesel in the oil. Sounds like a injector, right? What's a good price to pay for this thing? Thanks
Well, it's an LB7, so you can just about guarantee it's an injector issue...if not now, in the future. It's out of the 7/200 special policy window, so to fix it will be totally out of pocket. Since it's gonna need injectors anyway, you could swap the top end over to the later LLY/LBZ setup and put injector issues behind for good.

As for value, it's not too far off, but a dealer will get $4k-$6k depending on the dealer, and an independent will be half that to fix, so figure that into the cost. If it's got decent options and in good shape, but the LB7 kills it for me...been there, done that. The crying shame of it is that other than the injector issues, the LB7 is a great all around engine...

·
Registered
97 Posts
A weekend and two grand for parts and it will be good again. No biggie as long as the price reflects the repair. Around this area, I think about 10K would buy it. Maybe a little less but there are tons of them around. I've got an 02 2500hd crew 4x4 with duramax and allison that I bought new. I'll never sell it cause if I did I'd just go get another of the same. IMO, awesome truck!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy's. Looks like I might pass on this one. Unless the price comes down enough to cover the injectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts