Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this build on my 2002 Trans Am. First off I want to thank Rob Anger for the hard work that he has put into this build @ KPE Racing here in Wichita Falls Texas. I bought this car as a roller in Dallas to build a strip/street car, pretty much a race car with insurance and a inspection sticker lol!! First off I ordered alot of stuff from Wolfe racecraft like their moly torque arm kit, control arms, anti-roll bar kit, mini tubs, subframe connectors and their 10 pt. chromoly cage. I also ordered a moser 9 inch housing to bolt in that has been narrowed 3 inches on both sides and a complete chromoly front suspension kit from Racecraft. In 4-6 weeks I will have the 5 inch ws6 hood from VFN that is extended to the windshield, a fiberglass dash, rear bumper cut out for wheelie bars and a rear hatch. We are just getting started on the car and thought I would show off whats going on.
Here are some pics of the car when I brought it home.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then Rob started some of his badass fab work!!!

This is just the beginning of this so watch for the thread as I will post as we go along.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
What are you plans for power? Very nice work so far. I dig the idea to remove all that stock trunk floor area with the well, spare tire mount and gas tank, all dead weight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
love how you guys are doing the floor in the back!
really wish i'd thought of doing my last third gen like that instead of taking way to much time working around the stock sheet metal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are you plans for power? Very nice work so far. I dig the idea to remove all that stock trunk floor area with the well, spare tire mount and gas tank, all dead weight.
I bought a brand new ls3 block and just putting a together a 421 with some WCCH stage 3 l92's, bullet soild roller cam, front distributer drive and we are going to build a sheetmetel intake to hold a couple 4500 carbs. This is all going in front of a powerglide tranny with a 4800-5300 converter. Also nitrous express willl have quite a bit of there product on the intake.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Looks good! Thanks for posting it up. The guys out at KPE really do nice work.

You'll have to come by our pit and say hey when we run out there this season. Looks like we have at least 4 Outlaw Top Sportsman races scheduled at WFRP. I'll be calling the shots with a blue '02 Camaro and will be the guy with the clipboard at the starting line when we run.

g

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Why didn't you just hack off the PHB mount and run a wishbone? That's what I'll be doing

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
very sick build. and some very professional fab going on in that build. will look incredible when done cant wait to see the end result

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Looks awesome man, and a nice solid car in good condition to start with.

Is the ash tray door broken? If not, wanna sell it to me for my '00 SS ? Please?

·
BRUINS FTW!!!
3,085 Posts
Nice build, love those cars. Crazy to see that a car like that was already that trashed to begin with.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts