Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a 2001 Honda Passport 4X4 with a rear Wheel bearing going out on it. Do any of you know what I might need tool wise to change it for him and about how long it might take? I looked at it as it sat in the driveway tonight. I didn't jack it up or look at it to really see how it would come apart or anything. About the only thing I seen were the bolts that hold maybe the hub or bearing to the spindle but thats about it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advane.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is What I could find by going on what I seen by looking at it that little bit tonight. $53.45

·
Registered
619 Posts
^ thats def. not it, it has a solid axle rear with c-clip axles, like a gm, u will need basic tools, a vice and a press

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts
heres an idea, TAKE IT TO A REPAIR SHOP CMAFR:

·
Registered
886 Posts
They suck. Just like a 9 in ford to replace, only the rear brake caliper mount and dust shield are in the way of the bearing. Pull the axle and take it to a shop and have them press the bearings off and on. I used to work on them all the time. Timing belts and lifter issues and a stupid recall for the rear cyl head core plugs. Made some coin off of those 'trucks'

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Its not a solid axle. It has IRS with CV axles. I looked under it and seen it and it has the abs ring on it where the axle goes into the spindle/hub like the one I posted earlier. It has drum brakes on the rear as well.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This is what he has. He said it was a Handa Passport. I'm not into the handa rides so I have no clue. I do know its ugly as fuck!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
This is what he has. He said it was a Handa Passport. I'm not into the handa rides so I have no clue. I do know its ugly as fuck!

That is a crv... All you will need is basic hand tools. Either a 32mm or a 36mm for the axle nut. Probably 32mm, and shouldn't take more than two hours in the driveway.

LOL at the people saying buy American when it was originally thought the OP was talking about a Passport. A Passport is a GM with Honda badges on it. Honda probably didn't even make the fucking badges. STFU!!!

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
LOL at the people saying buy American when it was originally thought the OP was talking about a Passport. A Passport is a GM with Honda badges on it. Honda probably didn't even make the fucking badges. STFU!!!
Hey now, it's got a Honda radio in it too!... lol

I own an Acura/Honda repair facility and I don't work on Passports!... ;)

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
That's a fucking CRV and yes it take a hub bearing like someone else said before, independent rear suspension, and who the fuck own something that don't even know what it is? he must return his driver license and use a fucking taxi cab service!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
That's a fucking CRV and yes it take a hub bearing like someone else said before, independent rear suspension, and who the fuck own something that don't even know what it is? he must return his driver license and use a fucking taxi cab service!
I don't own the ugly fucker, my brothers better half owns it. My brother does goo to put oil in one. Not everyone is a car nut. He is one of those people. So there ya have it. I do not own it so I could give a fuck what it is. i was going on what he thought it was. like I said I'm not a handa guy....I'm just trying to help out my brother that is in a tight spot right now. Oh yeah. I'm the one that put it takes a hub bearing.;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts