Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 2001 audi a4 quattro ,replaced the pcv valve and bypass already..

turns out the turbo has a oil seal leak

my question is what can be done as far as aftermarket turbo without being forced to remap the ecm..

basically whats a good upgrade to do to this car...or whats a good suitable repalcement if aftermarket isnt feasable?

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Grab a rebuild kit and a 12 pack, you'll be done before the Super bowl.

Tom

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vast performance is down but they have a contact number-also found a few good replacements on thiefbay..

fucken stupid car is a fortune to modify to get a few horsepower out of,i dont know why people get into these cars-maybe its the suspensions but i dont see anything too exciting here

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Don't be a fool with your money, Phantom. You can rebuild a turbo for less than $100 and a few hours time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k04 is a popular upgrade if i remember correctly.

kkk has a ko4 for a descent price-also decided to check the bypass valve before-its also bleeding off boost{same shitty bosch valve they put in the vortech kits}..

gonna go with a new better bypass/blowoff and new turbo,car has 113k miles on it-parts are showing therye age,but it runs good as is-gonna be doing a timing belt soon to

·
Registered
19 Posts
kkk has a ko4 for a descent price-also decided to check the bypass valve before-its also bleeding off boost{same shitty bosch valve they put in the vortech kits}..

gonna go with a new better bypass/blowoff and new turbo,car has 113k miles on it-parts are showing therye age,but it runs good as is-gonna be doing a timing belt soon to

definitely replace the timing belt if it hasent been done yet and replacing the stock bypass with a mechanical diverter valve is a good idea

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
definitely replace the timing belt if it hasent been done yet and replacing the stock bypass with a mechanical diverter valve is a good idea

customer just got this car,previous owner had no clue about what audi's done over the years-he was paying for audi service-but its apperant by the leaking turbo and worn pcv and bypass valve that they werent doing shit,and probobly charged him an arm and a leg for doing nothing

just changing the pcv valve has the turbo sounding healther already-even though its still blowing a little bit of fresh oil past the seals

·
Registered
840 Posts
The seal is there to keep the hot gas out not the oil in. If oil is getting past the seal first thing I would do is leak the engine down see how much ring and valve seal you have left.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts