1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
aka old_shoe
17,373 Posts
2000hp and budget in the same sentence...LOL

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Sounds like he can build it pretty cheap. $400 block and $100 heads, plus people sending him a bunch of stuff. He should of had a disclaimer on the Video: Don't try this at home, it might cost you $25,000.

·
pump gas 451 just
7,108 Posts
I don't think he realizes the slowest SO guys run in the 6s.

That pile of used up repaired shit is gonna make a handful of smoke-show hero runs to mid 10s, then finally blow out the crank and spray the entire track.

·
Registered
37,522 Posts
I don't think he realizes the slowest SO guys run in the 6s.

That pile of used up repaired shit is gonna make a handful of smoke-show hero runs to mid 10s, then finally blow out the crank and spray the entire track.

I'd say that's a pretty good summation of this project.

Not to judge the guy, but I'm not entirely convinced he's aware of just what it takes to successfully run an injected nitro hemi, about as difficult of a combination to sort out as there is in all of drag racing.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,602 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
2000 Hp and budget is easy.
The shit that kills you is a chassis(time and money) and reinforcing parts.
You could build a 2,000 street car, fairly cheap as long as you never planned on racing it at the track, or doing stupid shit with it.

·
42,640 Posts
If a guy was going to build a twin turbo'd dual frame rail street car, with the goal of being able to drive it(drag week style car), and be able to make 1800-2000HP...

What would you think a low budget built would cost? Owner doing a lot of the work himself, minus the basic chassis part.

Not building a billet latest greatest ride, just a cool piece that gets the job done...How much?

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Just like the tv shows my wife likes to watch about remodeling homes. They turn shit boxes into mansions for a couple hundred grand. The budget is always getting hit, and somehow they manage to pull it together, as if money just appears from nowhere.

The whole foundation needs to be repoured.....Ok we'll just not spring for that one sink in the bathroom, and PRESTO! back on budget LMFAO.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,475 Posts
Looks like that thing will be sitting another 16 years.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts