Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have seen it in my highlights when I was doing live coverage on Drag Week, but this was one of the craziest on board videos I've gotten yet!

Jeff Lutz lays down his 2nd 200MPH pass of the week and then the chutes fail to open!

Luckily this is Jeff's home track so he knew just how short the shut down was. After hitting the chute handle several times (and bending it) he layed on the brakes HARD, shaving off a good 1/4" of tread on one spot on his front passenger tire :)

The DVD will be shipping in a little over a month I hope.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7xOOOh89a8

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
WOW great job in stopping the car. Good thing he was able to save it.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Lutz has been hanging around Willard too much.. We can't get Willard to pull the chutes. The only time I have seen them on his car was when Lutz was driving the vette....lol

·
vittu sinua
16,147 Posts
holy cow. i would have had to change my underwear.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
So much for saying a cheapy radial won't do the job!! Could not put the test to them anymore then that!! :smt119 I had to jam the brakes once when my chute didn't come out with the 2 ply, lightweight front-runner tire, as soon as the tire locked, it went right through and popped at a 170mph, not a fun ride!!

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
That don't sound like any kind of fun.

So much for saying a cheapy radial won't do the job!! Could not put the test to them anymore then that!! :smt119 I had to jam the brakes once when my chute didn't come out with the 2 ply, lightweight front-runner tire, as soon as the tire locked, it went right through and popped at a 170mph, not a fun ride!!

·
Registered
11,514 Posts
Yeah, "passenger" tires both sides too, not race tires! I was standing on the top row of the stands right beside the guy who says "Chute didn't open".

1 - 20 of 55 Posts