Yellow Bullet Forums banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
A friend of mine has a TRE alcohol carb on his 615 SR20 in a 2300 lb bracket car. He has hasn't had it out in good air yet but in the summer heat he went a 4.91 in bad summer air which was .03 faster than it went on gas in the same conditions. On gas he has been a 4.83 in good air. It will likely be a few slow in really good air on alcohol vs gas, a few fast in bad air and about the same in average air. I'm going to be buying the same carb this month for my 632 SR20 going in a swing arm dragster.
Thanks for the reply. I've been talking to them on an all aluminum 632 and they say should run 4.80's-4.90's . My car would will weigh roughly 2350 with the aluminum engine. Weighs 2475 with tall deck steel 10.2 deck 615.
What DA are you considering average air or where are you located?

·
Registered
145 Posts
In Maryland. The DA on a hot summer day is usually around 2600-3000 ft. What effects my cars on alcohol the most though is the very high humidity and water grains that comes along with our summers here, more so than the DA.

·
Registered
145 Posts
And to be clear, his engine isn't from TRE, just the alcohol carb. I believe his SR20's are just an out of the box Brodix version SR20. His engine came from Reher Morrison. I however do have a TRE SR20 top end on mine.

·
Registered
66,749 Posts
Yes ... very much the same weather! I always knew to dial up as the humidity was going up. Sometimes, we'd be running the final round around 1am and according to my weather station, the humidity would read anywhere from 95 to 98%.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts