Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
What a read lol babies...… Anyhoo what ive gathered from being older is any engine that makes great power/TQ on gas slows down on alky...….and visa versa.. if looking to pick up a little et Q or weight is an idea.
You need to do a little more research. Your assumption is flawed.

·
A Senior Member
2,931 Posts
I do. Set up for alky. Grid isn't giving me the data though and I think it's because I had to let up to get the car to hook. Rpm dropped below the trigger point to stop recording and didn't see transbrake again to start. Problem is, I should have the data from the hit until then and it's not there. Gonna try again this weekend to get the data because I need to see what it has to say about rpm and af ratios
That's to bad you didn't get that little bit of data.

I record the GRID channels with the racepak, driver starts the recording then it times out. It records long enough to catch some of the shut down.
FYI One channel I like to record is the MFI pressure at the nozzle distribution block, you can compare it to ERPM, O2's for tuning nozzle sizes and a HS.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
That's to bad you didn't get that little bit of data.

I record the GRID channels with the racepak, driver starts the recording then it times out. It records long enough to catch some of the shut down.
FYI One channel I like to record is the MFI pressure at the nozzle distribution block, you can compare it to ERPM, O2's for tuning nozzle sizes and a HS.
A racepak is another item in the list of things to get. I like the idea of recording the fuel pressure. Nice thing to track.

·
A Senior Member
2,931 Posts
I would suggest the V300SD. It records all the grid functions along with the sensors you choose to use. When you pull the run log up, boom its all there.

I hope as you get this sorted out you keep us updated. I am interested to see how you make out with this head angle deal for future reference.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I would suggest the V300SD. It records all the grid functions along with the sensors you choose to use. When you pull the run log up, boom its all there.

I hope as you get this sorted out you keep us updated. I am interested to see how you make out with this head angle deal for future reference.
It works. James Monroe proved it by winning multiple track and divisional championships running alky/alky/nitrous on a 632" engine with the same heads I have. I've just never ran mfi before or alky so there's a learning curve for sure! I'll figure it out though!

·
Registered
555 Posts
It works. James Monroe proved it by winning multiple track and divisional championships running alky/alky/nitrous on a 632" engine with the same heads I have. I've just never ran mfi before or alky so there's a learning curve for sure! I'll figure it out though!
I agree James is very good, as I have been on the losing end of races with him too!!! He was very consistent and fast (although on Nitrous) with his 12* Profiler heads.

Hope you issues are easily fixed.

BTW, I will be in your neck of the wood on vacation next week, (Coral Spring). Cant wait to enjoy the warmth and Sun for a bit!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I agree James is very good, as I have been on the losing end of races with him too!!! He was very consistent and fast (although on Nitrous) with his 12* Profiler heads.

Hope you issues are easily fixed.

BTW, I will be in your neck of the wood on vacation next week, (Coral Spring). Cant wait to enjoy the warmth and Sun for a bit!
Thanks! Me too, I'll know more this weekend. Weather here now is GREAT! Finally cooled off to a more reasonable temp and humidity dropped enough you don't need a towel outside! Enjoy your week!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Did you drop the pan and inspect all the mains? Flexplate to crank or flexplate to TC bolts loosened?...

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Did you drop the pan and inspect all the mains? Flexplate to crank or flexplate to TC bolts loosened?...
Two piece pan, so dropped it and inspected everything. Crank to flexplate bolts loose, and one converter bolt. I usually loctite them in, but didn't this last time....Won't make the same mistake again...I did overrev it on the launch when the tires broke loose, it hit the limiter, but everything checks out except for that...No metal at all in the oil either, which is way better than I expected. Trans comes out today, new parts will be here Tuesday.....and the loctite....heheheh

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Always sucks to have a break down but this is music to your ears when you find something simple.

Two piece pan, so dropped it and inspected everything. Crank to flexplate bolts loose, and one converter bolt. I usually loctite them in, but didn't this last time....Won't make the same mistake again...I did overrev it on the launch when the tires broke loose, it hit the limiter, but everything checks out except for that...No metal at all in the oil either, which is way better than I expected. Trans comes out today, new parts will be here Tuesday.....and the loctite....heheheh

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Always sucks to have a break down but this is music to your ears when you find something simple.
Tell me about it....I had already planned for the worst....this was a VERY pleasant surprise!!!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Yes, just been busy with stuff. Car is fixed and running again, but not sure when I can get to the track to test. I didn't see any published test dates between now and Christmas, plus I'm going to be busy with work and some travel until then...hoping to hit the track asap in jan though....sometimes that's just how it works out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
A friend of mine has a TRE alcohol carb on his 615 SR20 in a 2300 lb bracket car. He has hasn't had it out in good air yet but in the summer heat he went a 4.91 in bad summer air which was .03 faster than it went on gas in the same conditions. On gas he has been a 4.83 in good air. It will likely be a few slow in really good air on alcohol vs gas, a few fast in bad air and about the same in average air. I'm going to be buying the same carb this month for my 632 SR20 going in a swing arm dragster.

141 - 160 of 166 Posts