Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
this is a tech section,
Then keep it that way. You are worse than he is in polluting this section with garbage.
ok there ....

Hmmmm
I think you are getting early stages of Dementia....I supply a lot of tech and all while not self promoting myself or my engines....

No wonder why Chris U, Bes, Braswell and the likes don't post here anymore, guess I'll chalk myself up on that list soon, except I'm a nobody.

KMA.....

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Really....
You see me here pawning my stuff, well I built this it made 20,000 hp, won tons of championships on gas instead of Alky, made that all with a 260cc head and 400 cui... With a Straub special custom 24 karat gold super dooper grind camshaft....

Don't give 2 shits what you think, this is a tech section, not and sales marketing section....
You're right...it's a tech section. Why don't you remember that. As far as PRI... like I said. Do what you think is best.
LOL.....
We'll talk "Real tech".

·
Registered
66,691 Posts
Thanks Horndog, Inferno, and Nova, I appreciate it. I am loading up today for the Street Car Super Nationals which is my last race of the year. Hopefully I can hit the number. I will look into a cam swap before I hit the track next year and keep you posted when I do. Thanks again for the help.
Good luck !!!
You're welcome and let us know if you choose to dyno both cams in addition to the track results.

·
Registered
66,691 Posts
Then keep it that way. You are worse than he is in polluting this section with garbage.
Yet, here you are with ZERO to add to the "tech" discussion except that chip on your shoulder.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Thanks Horndog, Inferno, and Nova, I appreciate it. I am loading up today for the Street Car Super Nationals which is my last race of the year. Hopefully I can hit the number. I will look into a cam swap before I hit the track next year and keep you posted when I do. Thanks again for the help.
Dakster, I second talking with Jones about a cam. He's been around cams all his life. Sure he can help you with your combo.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Inferno:

Like many have said, talk to Jones about a cam. Also you want to know about the alky and 20 deg heads? Why not go right to the source to the MAN who was responsible for the 20 deg stuff, Slick Rick.

Quite sure between Slick Rick and Jones cams, you be lead down the best road for your application with the most honest of answers. Good Luck

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Yes...two sides to every story and you have your reasons for which side you choose. It's definitely not fact based...but again with the bullshit on a thread that has nothing to do with the topic. You and RCM just can't help yourselves can you. Like a couple little children. Don't you get tired of just being an asshole? -Rhetorical question-...obviously not.
Ok Scott, I have the FACTS from the customers side. You have the FACTS from the sellers side. With contradictory facts that are BOTH screwed to fit there agendas. The customer MUST have been pretty pissed to start the NEGATIVE feedback thread. And seeing that YOU have never had any issues with anything in ALL your years of building engine (you fault or not), I would trend to believe the one that has admitted making mistakes.

YOUR the one who brought up this Ford 611, not me, and YOU stated it was down on power by 100+ in post #92? But since they did well for a short time, it's ALL the motor and not anything else, cuz we all know that in motorsports it just MOTOR and nothing else, like chassis set-up, gearing, tire or trans? It's always just motor right...

As far as me being the asshole? Well I have to keep cleaning my PM box as I get plenty of thanks for the heads-up about both YOU and Straub. Hell even my customer who is on Team Chevelle (where YOU guys got me booted off) says that you 2 are losing your following there too. Too many are seeing the spamming and claims for sales now.................

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I have talked to Rick but not Jones on this particular question.

Inferno:

Like many have said, talk to Jones about a cam. Also you want to know about the alky and 20 deg heads? Why not go right to the source to the MAN who was responsible for the 20 deg stuff, Slick Rick.

Quite sure between Slick Rick and Jones cams, you be lead down the best road for your application with the most honest of answers. Good Luck

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Just an update on my stuff. Not a good weekend. Track was JUNK! Spun hard at the hit and for about the first 150'. Pedaled and got it to hook. Only ran 183 to the traps, but not bad considering all acceleration was done only in high gear (car shifted as soon as it spun), and I really didn't start accelerating until almost 200' out. Mph should have been 190+ for my junk. Also heard a pop and a buzz in the shutdown that didn't sound right, and it's making a noise when cranking I don't like. So gonna see what went wrong engine wise this weekend. I think something is broke, but not gonna assume.....

Sorry I didn't do better but it is what it is... even if everything had gone right, I MIGHT have gotten one more run but not likely. There were more than 250 cars there and there just wasn't time.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Basicly just said he has some ideas to make it work. Wasn't discussed exactly what it was and wouldn't really be my place to say what it was if he told me. I'm just still deciding if the 20's is what I want to go with.

That's probably the best info you could ever get with regards to the heads and alky. Can you relay what his thoughts were?

·
Off the stands for 2018!
18,823 Posts
Just an update on my stuff. Not a good weekend. Track was JUNK! Spun hard at the hit and for about the first 150'. Pedaled and got it to hook. Only ran 183 to the traps, but not bad considering all acceleration was done only in high gear (car shifted as soon as it spun), and I really didn't start accelerating until almost 200' out. Mph should have been 190+ for my junk. Also heard a pop and a buzz in the shutdown that didn't sound right, and it's making a noise when cranking I don't like. So gonna see what went wrong engine wise this weekend. I think something is broke, but not gonna assume.....

Sorry I didn't do better but it is what it is... even if everything had gone right, I MIGHT have gotten one more run but not likely. There were more than 250 cars there and there just wasn't time.
Dang it!:(

Hope you don't have anything serious wrong....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Well that stinks hope its a minor repair.

·
Registered
66,691 Posts
Shoot !!
That sucks balls Mark.

·
A Senior Member
2,946 Posts

That's A Tough way to start out.

Do you have a logger with O2's?

·
Registered
773 Posts
What a read lol babies...… Anyhoo what ive gathered from being older is any engine that makes great power/TQ on gas slows down on alky...….and visa versa.. if looking to pick up a little et Q or weight is an idea.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
That's A Tough way to start out.

Do you have a logger with O2's?
I do. Set up for alky. Grid isn't giving me the data though and I think it's because I had to let up to get the car to hook. Rpm dropped below the trigger point to stop recording and didn't see transbrake again to start. Problem is, I should have the data from the hit until then and it's not there. Gonna try again this weekend to get the data because I need to see what it has to say about rpm and af ratios

121 - 140 of 166 Posts